What's for dinner Sunday, August 30, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
Dinner Sunday, 4/30?

i'm deciding. so un-hungry recently & i have had plenty of apple juice instead of meals. i want to try for an actual meal tonite. a protein & broth w/ vanilla pudding & apple juice?

I'm leaning towards doing a rotisserie chicken, the salad I've been stuck on for a few weeks now and a wild mushroom and asparagus risotto.

But I may change everything after browsing around the net.

What's on your table tonight?

Today dinner is grilled pork chops, salt potatoes, broccoli, and

salad. Thinking about making Boston Cream Pie.

Pot roast (mostly using ironchef's method, but without bouquet garni). Can't decide whether to make biscuits or mashed potatoes to go with it.

Well, I decided to give a choice - chicken and risotto or meatloaf and mashed potatoes - the "he-men" want meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I'm going to experiment with the meatloaf and make a wild mushroom port wine gravy (hopefully he won't see me get into his good port to make this :w00t2:) - but I'll still use the usual beef, veal, and pork, onion, milk, fontina cheese, etc. as the base.

Now, back to re-writing my grocery list. :chef:

We are grilling filet's, having twice baked potatoes with sour cream, butter,green sliced onion, sauteed mushroom and cippoline onions, grilled asparagus, Paula Deens black pepper shrimp, sweet and sour avocado salad that I've decided to add some crab meat to, parmesan bread, melon wrapped in prosciutto, and a fruit triffle for dessert...ice tea with mango and beer or wine or coffee..
kadesma:LOL:

mudbug said:
Pot roast (mostly using ironchef's method, but without bouquet garni). Can't decide whether to make biscuits or mashed potatoes to go with it.

There's nothing better than an open-faced roast beef sandwich the next day!!!!!!!!

potatoes in the skin with Zaziki :)

We got some really delicious potatoes, they have a red skin and they taste like a real potatoe :wub:

Oh what am I not making tonight?! Next weekend the girlfriend's roomie is moving out, so we're cooking everythnig we have in the house so we can hide all of our cookware (she's not so bright and we know she'll pack the wrong stuff).

SO tonight's menu:

Rosemary/Apple Roasted Chicken
Tamales Poblanos
Flautas
Orange Chicken/Pork Stir Fry
Lo Mein
Corn on the Cob
Garlic Mashed potatos
Some sort of pork chops ( i'm thinking with a Maple glaze)
Some sort of chocolate berry cake, not sure what to do yet though...

This is supposed to feed us for most of a week since we won't be able to cook.

kadesma said:
We are grilling filet's, having twice baked potatoes with sour cream, butter,green sliced onion, sauteed mushroom and cippoline onions, grilled asparagus, Paula Deens black pepper shrimp, sweet and sour avocado salad that I've decided to add some crab meat to, parmesan bread, melon wrapped in prosciutto, and a fruit triffle for dessert...ice tea with mango and beer or wine or coffee..
kadesma:LOL:

Once again, I'm gettin' in my car and heading to kadesma's for supper! :ROFLMAO:

Left overs! Chicken for sure. We also have left over mashed tators and I hate them reheated, so I might make cheese potato balls with them!

Buritos stuffed with rice, refried beans, chicken, scallions, and red pepper flakes.

kitchenelf said:
I'm leaning towards doing a rotisserie chicken, the salad I've been stuck on for a few weeks now and a wild mushroom and asparagus risotto.
But I may change everything after browsing around the net.

What's on your table tonight?
Elf, just got to looking at the heading on your post Sunday August 2006????
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: You had my head reeling and I thought I'd slept through May, June, and July:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma, this is April 30, 2006 isn't it:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

OMG, I can't believe noone caught that until now!! LOL
I wish it were August though, skip through the hot summer!!LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom