Hi Everybody!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
:) Jimmy and I just got back from a long weekend in Ocean City,Md.It was really windy and the temps on the cool side but, I'll take a windy day at the beach with my hubby than a warm sunny day home without him ANYTIME!!!.It was so windy that I swear if Angel's ears were a little longer she probably would have gotten airbourne!Buckytom- I thought of you when we were getting on to Rte 80-we passed Satin Dolls which made me think or you promising the Bada bing t-shirt to Ronjohn.We tried a restaurant we hadn't been to before(we've been going to OC since 1990)-we tried a mussel appetizer which was out of this world- I know it had onion and bacon,white wine anad a light tomato base broth- I thought to myself- I bet Kadesma could figure this out:rolleyes: !We took a walk around a marina and I saw a pregnant woman and I wondered if luvs-food had been to the doctor.It seems as if I had brought all of you along with me!!:LOL: Yesterday as we traveled back out to the marina for a late lunch before coming home- I was memorized with the boats navigating in and out of the slips and the sun dancing on the water of the bay.I looked over at Jimmy who looked so realxed- gone was the dead tiredness I had been seeing in his face the last few months.I knew then we were sharing one of life's perfect moments-it is a gift.So this morning he returns to work- I unpack and get the house back in order and wish you all VERY SOON one of life's perfect moments!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Ah Vicky, it sounds like you are both completely rejuvenated. Your trip sounds just wonderful.

I'm glad that you are back, but, I wish you could have stayed longer too. What a great feeling when you can let your worries go, even for a few days. I'm so glad that you have such a great time!!

Hi Vicki,
oh my, I want to jump in the car and head out of here:LOL: I would love a trip, but have to wait til Dec when we go on our first cruise to Mexico...But I can wait. I'm so glad you two had such a wonderful time..Glad your back feeling rested and content. Would have loved to try that appy you had:LOL:
Again, welcome back we've missed you.

kadesma:)

Sounds like you had the most wonderful time. I'm glad you trip was everything and more. Welcome back! Did you take any pics by chance? If so, we'd love to see them.

Thanks for the welcome back- even though it was such a short leave!!!Can I stand on my soap box a minute here??I have some advice for young couples or maybe some older ones to because "it ain't over till it's over."Jimmy and I have been married for 26 years-we've been together for 30 and the one most important thing we ever did to keep us us is to put time aside every season just for us-no kids or anyone else.We have had some VERY rough times in our years together and I can't imagine us even being together today if we didn't keep in touch with each other and let all other aspects of life come between us.By putting aside time just for yourselves doesn't necessarily mean going way for a weekend-we've only started doing that about 16 years ago-it can be something as simple as planning a whole day together -only the two of you remembering why you liked each other in the first place!!!Take a drive, visit a zoo, a park,even just stay in your own home without answering the phone for a few hours.Keep connected to each other.Jimmy works very long hours- he made a promise to himself that he would be a better father than his father was and he is =by a land slide-he wants to pay for our kids college educations so they don't have any loans,he pays their car insurance and for their gas. He wants them to be able to start their adult lives without any debt,BUT he always remembers that when our kids are on their own-he will still have me and wants our relationship to be solid.I had a very sad thought the other day-most of our years are behind us but, I am sure glad that we can say we had time together.I hope I'm not being too preachy here but, I just want to share something that may be worthwhile to someone here.Love and energy always, Vicki

vicki, i'm glad you had a great albeit short trip, and thanks for the well heeded advice. now if i could only get dw to try to trust someone to watch our son, and also to stay healthy (she's had a rough year so far), we might get some time for just us.

lol about the bada bing. i still haven't had time to get over there to get the shirts. it's not my kinda hangout anymore, being a dad. ya know, i used to be able to blow a c-note in there without blinking, but now i couldn't imagine tossing away $$$ for a silly thing like that, when i could be buying my wife or son something they need, or just want.
i do have to get off my butt tho; have promised ronjohn and another friend a shirt from there.

btw, oc-md is one of our favourite summer destinations. i think we stayed in a place called "the windjammer" the last few times. we used to go every 4th of july week, and watch the fireworks over the water. did you get a chance to eat any crabs? is the crab place right on the boardwalk, near the al fresco art gallery, and the kite shop still there? actually, the entrance is on the boardwalk, and you go a few steps down to get to the outdoor picnic tables where they pull out a big sheet of brown paper, dump a huge load of old bay steamed crabs in the middle, and you munch on them while sucking down ice cold pitchers. it's a great place, hmmm, i think i remember it being called "the mug and mallet" or something like that.

anyway, glad to hear you and your hubby were able to really enjoy it, and re-charge your love and energy.
and get angel a beach hat, already...

Buckytom- we stay at the Calypso- lucky enough to have a friend own a condo in the building- 5th floor up and ocean front-heaven in my opinion.The Mug and Mallet is still there -we like Higgins for crabs- they make a mean fried chicken and ribs as well.I understand your wife not wanting to leave the little guy-that was always a tough one for me too even though we were fortunate enough to have grandmas near by just waiting for the opportunity to spoil the little ones.Maybe now just starting with a long afternoon getaway or morning will move on to longer "dates" later on.Bucky you sound like a great Dad and husband-I'm sure your realationship will grow and prosper as I can see your commitment and one more thing if you don't mind- I see "dh" and "dw" referred to spouses here all the time- could you please tell me - what the heck that means???!!!!;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom