5/3 Special: For all y'all Southern Folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Enjoy ya'll!

"Steak and Eggs" - Grilled Niman Ranch Filet Mignon with Quail Egg
Sauce Marchand de Vin, Braised Lettuces, Truffled Marscapone Grits

$42.00

Attachments

• filetwithquailegg.jpg
    filetwithquailegg.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 181
This looks like heaven..makes me want to have dinner all over again:LOL:
kadesma

jkath said:
That is absolutely beautiful!

(and you didn't enter the Top Chef show because....?)

I never even knew about that show until I saw ads for it in Food & Wine magazine. It's funny that you mention that though because whenever I watch Top Chef, or Iron Chef and Iron Chef America, I always think about what I would do in the same situation with the mystery ingredient, or with whatever menu/dish requirements that were given. Some of it I think I would do OK with, but others would be a struggle. A lot of it also depends on your assistants and/or the other chefs that are working with you. For example with the wedding dinner episode of Top Chef, the only reason why their dinner failed was because of the lack of leadership, teamwork, synergy, and coordination among the chefs. The problem now is that no one person on the show has been able to step up and lead everyone in an effective manner. People have tried to take charge but the way they have done so has always been detrimental to the team because of their leadership and management styles. I would say that out of the remaining contestents, Lee Ann probably would make the best leader but she needs to be way more assertive. Dave freaks out too much to be an effective leader, Tiffani is much too abrasive, and Harold gets down on himself too much and can't pull himself out of any tailspins.

Back
Top Bottom