Hello from Down Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patch

Assistant Cook
Kia ora. Just want to introduce myself. I am Pat Churchill, a Kiwi (New Zealander) living in Australia. I have a website http://www.cookingdownunder.com which will tell you something about what we eat Down Under. I also write regular food columns for newspapers.

I've been cooking for years and haven't poisoned The Spouse or our two sons yet.

Happy to answer questions.

Cheers
Pat
:chef:

Welcome Pat!
Great site! Very interesting to learn the differences in cooking styles. I have a garden cooking website. I was wondering if I could add a link to your site at my blog. I think my readers would be interested in learning about the aussie cooking styles as well.

I've just taken a quick peek at your website, and I must say, it looks really well put together and a good read - speaking of which, I will have to look up the book Garlic & Sapphires - the local library in my town (Hillsdale, New Jersey) is having a grand re-opening tomorrow, and I plan to attend!

I've been a member of this website for awhile, although I haven't posted much, 'specially lately...I do believe it's one of the nicest I've ever seen on the web. You are sure to be an asset!

My best friend is a Kiwi (and a marvellous cook) living here in New Jersey. After a recent visit home, brought back a cookbook for me that she says has been around in NZ forever....Edmund's...I like it. It's kind of old fashioned, but a lot of the recipes are great for everyday.

Welcome...Sandy

RMS said:
Welcome Pat!
Great site! Very interesting to learn the differences in cooking styles. I have a garden cooking website. I was wondering if I could add a link to your site at my blog. I think my readers would be interested in learning about the aussie cooking styles as well.
Hi. Yes, add a link by all means.Things are a bit different in these parts. I have spent most of my life in NZ but living in Melbourne, Australia is a huge delight for a dedicated foodie. This is such a progressive place that I am very inspired. Even our mid-20s sons who came here before us relish the local cuisine. And they were exposed to fairly inventive home cooking for their first 18-20 years. Send me your url and I will add you to my links.

Sandyj said:
I've just taken a quick peek at your website, and I must say, it looks really well put together and a good read - speaking of which, I will have to look up the book Garlic & Sapphires - the local library in my town (Hillsdale, New Jersey) is having a grand re-opening tomorrow, and I plan to attend!

I've been a member of this website for awhile, although I haven't posted much, 'specially lately...I do believe it's one of the nicest I've ever seen on the web. You are sure to be an asset!

My best friend is a Kiwi (and a marvellous cook) living here in New Jersey. After a recent visit home, brought back a cookbook for me that she says has been around in NZ forever....Edmund's...I like it. It's kind of old fashioned, but a lot of the recipes are great for everyday.

Welcome...Sandy
Edmonds is kind of the local bible in NZ. I have about three versions, all increasingly battered from use. My cultural heritage. My mother and grandmother cooked from Edmonds (Edmonds was the NZ baking powder maker and also did custard powder and a few other basic ingredients). I have the Edmonds scones on my website - http://cookingdownunder.com/courses/snacksstarters/rsna153.htm
and tomato relish
http://cookingdownunder.com/articles/2003/122.htm

A great cookbook and every Kiwi would be familiar with all the cakes/biscuits (cookies) therein.

Hi there in Melbourne!

Hi Patch, interesting website Mate. I am in Brisbane for the last 15 years. Varieties of restaurants over here but yep as you say down in Melbourne the cosmopolitan culture is huge.

Hi again Patch,
I'm having some trouble with my blog but am posting your link at the discussion board at my site today.
Thanks again,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom