Sweet Tomato Soup Recipes? (Souplantation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
Sweet Tomato's is a salad bar type restaurant with a seperate section with hot breads, pastas and soups.

Their soups are partilarly delicous. They have a wonderful clam chowder, chili and a great tomato chipotle bisque.

Has anyone seen any copies of their recipes laying around the web? I'd love to try my hand at a few of them.

Added: I just found their web site and it looks like they also do business under the name Souplantation. That would account for their great soups.
http://www.soupplantation.com/

Here is some recipes I found

Sweet Tomatoes Clam Chowder

Ease of Cooking: Beginner

Notes:
Sweet Tomatoes is a great salad bar and more restaurant. Everything is made fresh daily. This version of clam chowder features a nice Rosemary flavor, its unexpected, but really enhances the soup.

Ingredients:
3 Slices Lean Bacon (diced)
1/2 C. Diced Onion
2 C. Scaled Whole Milk
2 C. Potatoes Cut Julienne Style
1/2 C. Half and Half
1/4 tsp. Thyme Leaves
1/4 tsp. Finally Diced Fresh Rosemary
1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
1/4 tsp. Sugar
1 6 oz Can of Minced Clams

Preparation:
Cook potatoes until they are done but firm. Drain water off and set aside. Place 1 1/2 Cups milk and half and half into a saucepan on medium temperature and heat just until it starts to boil. Immediately remove from stove and set aside. Scalding milk will help prevent it from curdling. When the potatoes have cooked cut into large Julianne slices.

In large pan fry bacon on medium high temperature to render grease from bacon and when done carefully take bacon from pan and leave grease. Place onions in bacon drippings and sauté until clear. Add scalded milk, cooked
potatoes, clams with juice, and seasonings. Bring to a slow simmer and stir occasionally, cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Chowder may be thicken now by adding flour to 1/2 cup of milk mixing well and slowly adding to chowder and stirring constantly until thick as desired and creamy.

Sweet Tomatoes Cream of Broccoli Soup

Notes:
The Broccoli Soup rounds out our trip to Sweet Tomatoes. This is a lighter version of the soup than what we are used to. Please do not keep this soup for a long time, it will not hold as nicely as other soups do. It is lower in fat.

4 cups Fresh Broccoli Heads and Three Inches of Stalks (diced)
1/3 cup Yellow Onion (diced)
4 cups Water
3/4 teaspoon Celery Salt
1/4 teaspoon McCormick Seasonal
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
2 cups Low Fat Milk

Simmer Broccoli and onions in 4 cups of water until the broccoli and onions are tender. Remove 3/4 cups of broccoli heads and set aside. Cook the remainder of broccoli and onions until soft. Remove from heat and strain broccoli and onions.

In a blender pour remainder of broccoli and onions add celery salt,
seasonal, sugar and milk. Blend until all are smooth. Pour mixture into a saucepan, add the 3/4 cup of broccoli and simmer on a medium low setting for 20 - 25 minutes.

Great served with crusty hard rolls and a selection of cheeses.

Sweet Tomatoes Tomato and Onion Soup
====================================
1/4 cup olive oil
2-1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
2-1/2 cups diced fresh Romano tomatoes
4 cups tomato juice (NOT V-8
2 cups water
1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
1 1/2 tablespoons diced fresh basil
3 teaspoons diced fresh oregano

In large soup pan on medium heat, simmer and stir onions until they turn transparent, but not brown. When onions are transparent, add tomato juice, water, celery salt, basil and oregano. Heat and stir occasionally the mixture for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Add fresh tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes longer. The fresh herbs definitely make the difference.

Mr. Dove, does the last recipe that IcyMist posted sound like the one you are looking for? Does the soup have chunks of tomato in it? Unpeeled?

It sounds good to me, but I'd be concerned with bits of peel floating around there.

Lee

I have not tried the tomato and onion soup but the clam chowder looks to have all the ingredients that I remember.

I don't suppose anybody can help out with the secret recipe to Sweet Tomatoes' or Souplantation's "Herbed Cream of Turkey" soup? I sure would like to find a reasonable facsimile, if possible. It was delicious!

Sweet Tomatoes Chili

Anyone have the Deep Kettle House Chili recipe ? It's pretty good chili and much better then the recipe I am using now.

My water class friends and I eat there once a month. In fact, today is the day. I like that the menu changes by the month, as well as some of the favorites available all the time. They had some pumpkin cranberry muffins last November that were probably the best I've ever had. I don't remember what the theme is for October, but I'm sure it will be good.

Does anyone have the recipe for the Sweet Tomatoe Vegetarian Broccoli Cheese SouP?
Really delicious. The best I have every had. IF anyone could point me in the right direction here I would certainly appreciate it. I don't have any clue as to where to start. Thanks. Caldjacq

Back
Top Bottom