Saturday Night Dinner, 5/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
It's not looking so promising around here tonight, either.

HH bought these "filets" on sale for $2 each last week. I decided we would have them tonight and went to take them out of the freezer to thaw.

No wonder they were only $2. Checking the packaging, it first of all says no need to thaw.

Hmm, strike one.

Next, the description of these treats is "finely carved and shaped bacon-wrapped beef steaks with up to 30% of a solution."

Strikes two, three, four, and more...........

Because I hate to waste food, we are going to eat them anyway.

But now I have an excuse to make an apple pie.

Hmmm...sounds a little scary! I'm with you though, hate to waste it!

We're having meatloaf and potatoes of some sort!

Lobster was on sale today for $6.99 lb so I bought myself one and some corn on the cob. Since hubby doesnt like lobster, he get McDonalds tonight.

spinach augratin, a recipe I got off this forum, on toast and baked potatoes. will also have a "test sandwich" I made a mozzarella cheese this week and am thinking about fashioning some for the hubby's lunches next week, am marinating some in some homemade bbq sauce right now, will serve on homemade bread, fresh picked spinach and the cheese slices.

Fried jumbo shrimp, fried red snapper, jalepeno hush puppies and a bowl of blue bell ice cream for dessert. (milk chocolate) Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies.................

Quizzie said:
Fried jumbo shrimp, fried red snapper, jalepeno hush puppies and a bowl of blue bell ice cream for dessert. (milk chocolate) Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies.................

Oh yummy!! Fried red snapper is soooo good! We brought some back from Rockport about 6 years ago. They are really fun to fish for too! Your whole menu sound good!!

Just grilling burgers, with cheese,bacon,avocado,tomato, onion,lettuce, chips, ice tea, dessert..cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream..

kadesma:)

Tonight I made a Chicken Korma curry using a Korma "simmer sauce" from Trader Joe's. Used bite-size pieces of boneless, skinless chicken thighs & added a package of defrosted frozen spinach for good measure. It was very good, although I did a few dashes of cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit.

Served it over plain yellow rice, along with a yogurt/cucumber raita & some whole-wheat pita bread.

I had a bowl of boiled broccoli. Someone needs to give me a kick in the butt so I'll cook an actual meal...

jpmcgrew said:
:) Red Chili Enchiladas.
yum! We planned on having that tomorrow night! Right now, I have some pork in the slow cooker that will be shredded. We'll make the red chile tomorrow and put the enchiladas all together. How do you make yours?

I had noodles with parm reggiano tonight. Dessert was brownies with peanut butter chips added. I ate dessert first.:angel:

We went to see the Off-Broadway show Stomp on Friday so before hand we went and had a lobster dinner. All you can eat salad, garlic bread, lobster, and fries. And washed down with a few coctails of course :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom