Checking in with our New England Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Is everyone doing OK with all of the rain you're receiving? GB, my first thought was, "Oh, no! GB's basement!" I hope it's dry and that all of our NE members are safe! :)

Thanks for checking PAB! So far we are dry. I am starting to get nervous though because the last I heard we are getting rain until at least Thursday. We have not opened our pool yet and I can see the water level is almost at the top. If it keeps raining the way it has been then that will start spilling into our yard. We are going to be away this coming weekend too so if it keeps raining then I will be worrying the whole time we are away. So far though we are bone dry so I am praying it stays that way.

I just heard that we may have to evacuate. Our condo development is next to the Merrimack River and it has been rising (of course). We'll know by Noon.

GB said:
Thanks for checking PAB! So far we are dry. I am starting to get nervous though because the last I heard we are getting rain until at least Thursday. We have not opened our pool yet and I can see the water level is almost at the top. If it keeps raining the way it has been then that will start spilling into our yard. We are going to be away this coming weekend too so if it keeps raining then I will be worrying the whole time we are away. So far though we are bone dry so I am praying it stays that way.

Y'all get what we had a couple days ago, so sadly the news isn't completely good. More rain, but we've had some glimpses of sunlight.

Our rivers, etc. are pretty high too, but nothing like what New England is experiencing.

Did they ever reinforce that dam in Taunton/Raynham or wherever it is that they were worried about last year (or whenever it was)?

Well, the Merrimack River was supposed to crest around 8:00PM and I'm still sitting in my livingroom so I guess things are cool for now.

Looks like the worse is over here. Some folks were hit pretty hard. Fortunately, my neighborhood hasn't had a problem. I appreciate everyone's concern

Back
Top Bottom