Should I Change My Member Name ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should my member name be?

• "Mango".... 'Cause I just love 'em.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "2-Step".... 'Cause I like country dancing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Yobbo"... In recognition of my many years spent in Australia.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • "The Z"..... Don't change a thing!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • other.... suggestions?

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

The Z

Head Chef
I thought it was kinda cool to be "The" something, but now I'm not sure I still like it... so I came up with a few options. Please exercise your right and responsibility to vote. Members who do not vote will receive fines.

"Mango".... 'Cause I just love 'em.
I'm thinkin' Chris Kattan on Saturday Night Live...
"2-Step".... 'Cause I like country dancing.
"gimme 2 steps, gimme 2 steps mister..."
"Yobbo"... In recognition of my many years spent in Australia.
"like me, wish you to be, young skywalker?"
"The Z"..... Don't change a thing!
The Z is you
other.... suggestions?
If You don't like "The Z", you could just be "Z".

Zed...................that sounds cool. Bet it's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

sorry, couldn't resist. I'm on too much migraine meds. lol

I guess many people must have better memories than I do .... I like everyone to keep their names, otherwise I consider you a new person. I've gone from something (I don't remember)(told you it was bad) to Roy (maiden name) and then just gave up and called myself by my own name. I can remember that (most of the time!). May not be secure ... oh, well! If any of you are in Galena I want you to look me up anyway!

How 'bout:

The Mangolicious 2-Steppin Zobbo

or

ZZ Top

zztopc3_150x200.jpg

j/k. Stay with The Z.

Ken said:
I think you should Canadianize it and go by the 'Zed'!

I had actually wondered about how the English, Canadians and Aussies thought about my 'letter'. I was in Australia for many years and needed to learn to spell my name differently (for example when at a store or a bank or something). They always heard my Z(ee) as a C (just because they were used to a Z(ed). I also have a double letter in my last name. When I got to that part, if I didn't say "double- " they would just think I was repeating myself. It got very confusing until I learned to spell it as they would, including saying "ahhh" for " r ". LOL

Claire said:
I guess many people must have better memories than I do .... I like everyone to keep their names, otherwise I consider you a new person. I've gone from something (I don't remember)(told you it was bad) to Roy (maiden name) and then just gave up and called myself by my own name. I can remember that (most of the time!). May not be secure ... oh, well! If any of you are in Galena I want you to look me up anyway!

Whoa, Claire, I am actually going to be in Galena soon, as part of a genealogical jaunt, and it is not only me, but a passel of distant cousins that I have yet to meet in person. Seems our collective great great great grandparents sailed from Liverpool to New Orleans, paddled up the river and spent their first winter on US soil in Galena. So will be in town for a photo op. The following year they moved up across the border and finally settled in Grant and Iowa Counties Wisconsin, so the get together will mainly be in that area. Frankly I had not made the connection about Galena until this post.

By the way, I vote for The Z. Have always been partial to the letter Z:LOL: .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom