SUGGESTIONS FOR DISCUSS COOKING?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
Hi everyone and a big welcome to our recent influx of FoodNetwork users. I thought I would take advantage of all our new users by asking you to submit suggestions and improvements for this site. I'm always keen to hear your ideas as I know this site is only as good as it's members :)

One improvement I added today was a little feature to prevent you from accidentally posting the same message twice.

So, please reply with your suggestions. I'm talking about things like the design of the site, whether you want different colours, or maybe there was something 'cool' that the FoodNetwork site does that this one doesn't.

Thanks. By the way, for day to day help be sure to contact KitchenElf as she is the 'boss' around here - I merely handle the technical side of things.

8)

Admin-I'm still having trouble with double posts. I think it has to do with using the back arrow...What can I do to eliminate the doubles?

The fix was only put on within the last hour. When did you last double post?

Hi Gemini,

Like Administration said - he has fixed that but what you should have done was after you submitted your reply was click "yes" on return to message versus using your back button - or you could have used the back button but you have to keep backing out until you get back to the boards and then hit refresh - much easier to hit the "yes" return to message or "return to forum" - but you don't have to do either one anymore!!! LOL

I like this site but we can not post photos that are stored on our own computers. I think this would be a nice addition to the site. Larger Avatars would be nice too. A brighter color would bring a bit of energy to the site. Like maybe a deep but bright orange.

To display an image you need to put its address between two 'tags'.

At the start put:

Code:
[img]

And after the address put

Code:
[/img]

So here is an example of how I would load the DC logo in to this topic:

Code:
[img]http://www.discusscooking.com/images/logo.gif[/img]

That line would result in this:

logo.gif

If you don't have any web space to put your images on then don't worry. Go to this web page http://www.imageshack.us/index.php and click the 'Browse' button. They will then allow you to upload your image and also give you the address that you need to put between the two tags I showed above.

changes and improvements

How about making it easier to do colored fonts and differenct font styles?
And why am I having so much trouble getting the smiley emoticon that I want? Sometimes I get several and sometimes I only get small window. I like the "queen" emoticon but can't always get it when I click "view more emoticons. And pleeeeeze give us more choices than Bug's Life avatars.

Thanks Kitchenelf :D As you can tell I'm not too computer literate :oops: and realize now there are much easier ways to get "home," of course now that it doesn't matter! :LOL: Is there a way I can delete my previous double posts, or do I just have to endure the embarrassment :?: :roll:

Hi,

There are two things I would like to suggest. On foodnetwork they have a recipe box, so you can save recipes posted on there, also, I like the top ten weekly recipes (recipes that were requested by users for the week). Other than that, I like this website. It's nice to see a forum for ethnic foods too. :)

i wish there was a "live" chat room so that the people online at the same time could converse in real time. there was one in the last foodie site i escaped from, but it had major problems. there was no registration process or a moderator for it, so anyone could say anything to anyone with no responsibility. if there was registration, and someone got out of line they could be blocked from it. anyway, it was still extremely popular, even with the mind numbing nastiness about. i'll bet we could steal dozens of their regular chatters (therefore increasing hits to this site = advertising dinero) if this site came up with a live chat that had member registration.

Drama Queen you are on the wrong board!! LOL. I would like a larger avatar, but I don't imagine that will improve the board much! Have a lot of reading to catch up on but looks good.

Click the img button. Then it will show up with an asterik. Post the url of picture then click it again.

mossrose-th.jpg

Here's the queen I think she wants. It's on Hometalk. LOL

33queen-vi.gif

rainbowdance.gif

rainbowdance.gif

33queen-vi.gif

Once you find your emoticon right click on your mouse while your pointer is on the emoticon
A box will pop up
Click on properties
Copy the URL in the gray area
Come back to discuss cooking
click on Img once
Paste image after the Img in brackets
Then click Img again (it should have an asterik beside it)
Click on submit
Should be there

Suggestiong for Discuss Cooking

Substitutions in a recipe. Sometimes a recipe calls for an item that is either hard to find, causes alergies for some, or any myriad of reasons. It would be nice to have a food section here with tips on subsitutions cooks have used in the past.

:mrgreen: :LOL: GO DUCKS

PolishedTopaz said:

Is there some kind of code that you can turn off to make this not work? Is everything in your profile set to yes?

This looks like it shoud work.

LOL, it does work, I have no idea????

I think it would be great to have a "quick search" feature on the home page on the same line as "view your posts" & "view new posts".

I am imagining that the "quick search" feature would default to the same defaults that are currently on the search page.

If you did that, the search page could be redefined as "advanced search".

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom