NYC's 9th Ave. Food Festival is this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
hey everyone in driving or walking distance of he11's kitchen. this weekend is the 9th ave, food festival!!!!

9th ave. is closed between 37th and 57th street for the fest. myself and a million of my closest friends will be there, sampling cuisine from the dozens of restaurants from all over the world that line the avenue. there's also crafts, clothing, and lots of othe crap for sale, but the food and beer are awesome.

where else can you enjoy a stella and a sausage and pepper hero on 57th street, and have tasted pad thai, quesedillas, fried catfish, gyros, and something called a mozzarepa, wash it down with a frozen daquiri, all by the time you've walked 5 bocks? and then there's 15 more blocks to go.

so, if i'm not online after lunch, i'm probably on my way back into work in a whellbarrow.

here's a good site from last year's fest.
http://www.chriskula.com/2005/05/walking-tour-of-ninth-avenues.html

Last edited:
I am SOOOOOO jealous! We used to the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy every year, and loved it!

You'll have to come down here to our 'Grits Festival', and the 'Chitlin Strut'!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BT, one of my coworkers was mentioning this to me and was lamenting on the fact that he wished he could be there. The funny thing is he is just like you: Italian, is from Jersey, and a die hard Yankee fan. He's from somewhere in Jersey called Middlese.x.

it was this past weekend, jenny. sorry you missed it.

ic, lol, i'm not of italian descent. was fed and raised by a pack of wild italians tho, when my parents plane went down in north jersey.

Oh man that sounds like heaven. I will have to keep an eye out next year. It would be worth the trip.

Man, I can´t believe I missed it. I was at the Mets-Yankees game on Saturday, and was that and interesting game, but if I had known I would have tried to go on Sunday. I´ll have to keep a look out next year.

Sounds like you had a great time bucky.....what a great event!
While nowhere near the scale of the NYC event, we have (as do many other cities I assume) our own humbler version. (Taste of Edmonton)
It's held every summer with the booths surrounding our downtown square.
It's something Alix and I look forward to every year....as we usually spend our anniversary there stuffing ourselves.:LOL:

Attachments

• taste.jpg
    taste.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom