ISO info on stoves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allioop108

Assistant Cook
I'm looking to buy a gas stove oven combination for the house. The one I have now has the burner switches on top of the stove as opposed to on the front face like all of the new stoves I've been looking at on the internet (sears, best buy, etc.). The stove also has the broiler below the oven and of course the burners on top. I would like to have these same features on the new stove, particularly the switches on top as theres less of a chance for a toddler to get their hands on it. Is it still possible to find a stove like that? Can some one recommend a name brand or a source? I have not been to any actual stores yet, just looking on the internet to see what features the new stoves offer, the current stove is original to the house circa the 1960's.

Thanks,
Allen

When looking for a stove there are couple of things to consider:

It the the best to have gas top and electic oven

Look for a stove that has simmering burners on the back and the big ones on the front.

When go shopping for a stove bring whatever pots/pans you ususally have on the stove when cooking. See how they fit.

As far as options goes there are so many on the market today you can find anything you want. Depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom