One thing you will NOT eat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
If you could only choose one thing to never eat, ever again (you could have already tried it, or not), what would it be? I don't mean stuff like dog poo...but exotic foods can be included!:-p

For me, ketchup.

Raw fish!!! My friend ate sushi Saturday night and hasn't left the bathroom yet. I have never tried it and never will!!! DOUBLE YUCK!! (The person who calls himself "DEADLY SUSHI" on this site is absolutely right!!!)

Sushi is good when you are in the mood. I find it satisfying when I am dieting...

for me it would be fennel. I want to like it but I just can't. Its the same with anything else Liquorice-y. But fennel LOOKS so good and I am lulled into trying it over and over again and then I feel sick and cannot get rid of the taste.........YUK

Corned tongue. This was my favourite food growing up (more than chocolate I kid you not), then I found out it was a real tongue and cant bring myself to eat it.
But I really like sushi - has to be good fish or it sucks

oysters!!! yuck!! Angie, you don't like ketchup?? What do you use on your french fries? You and my dh would not get along, LOL. He puts ketchup on just about everything.

texasgirl said:
oysters!!! yuck!! Angie, you don't like ketchup?? What do you use on your french fries? You and my dh would not get along, LOL. He puts ketchup on just about everything.

I can't stand even the SMELL of it! The only "condiment" type foods I like would be BBQ, ranch and sour cream. :rolleyes:

Without a doubt my choice would be eggs. It does not matter if they are scrambled, fried, poached, in another form like mayo, etc. I just can't eat them and never could. If there was one food that I wish I could eat though it would still be eggs.

For me, it's Liver. Liver serves only three purposes in life:

1) Filtration of toxins and poisons, such as alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine, from the bloodstream.
2) Storage of fat-soluable vitamins and minerals.
3) Catfish bait.

Note that "eating" is not one of those uses.

AllenMI said:
For me, it's Liver. Liver serves only three purposes in life:

1) Filtration of toxins and poisons, such as alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine, from the bloodstream.
2) Storage of fat-soluable vitamins and minerals.
3) Catfish bait.

Note that "eating" is not one of those uses.

Don't forget that it manufactures cholesterol in the body, giving us something more to worry about and giving doctors another way to feed us pills and take our money.

(Jess blushes a little)...Prairie oysters (aka, animelles/frys) - I've never tried them, and I hope that I never will.

Piccolina said:
(Jess blushes a little)...Prairie oysters (aka, animelles/frys) - I've never tried them, and I hope that I never will.

I had just realized I was a wee bit too finicky to choose just one item for this question, but I KNOW this one will be VERY high up on my list, too...

For me it is Peanut butter. There are more that I would not eat for reasons like I keep kosher, or allergic to somethning, but I don't think thouse would count.

P.S. "Prairie oysters" what is it exactly?

SAUERKRAUT
I can't even look at it with out feeling sick to my stomach. YUCK!

CharlieD said:
P.S. "Prairie oysters" what is it exactly?

They are bull testicles. And having said that...I think I will go on record as saying I won't eat those.

I won't eat tongue either. I know it is supposed to be very tasty, but I don't like the thought of being tasted back.

"I won't eat tongue either. I know it is supposed to be very tasty, but I don't like the thought of being tasted back."

That made me LOL!

Oh, tahnks Alix. I actually just tried some for the first time the other day. Grilled. Nothing to wright home about. Was not nasty or anything like that, but nothing special either. Oh, and as far as tongue goes, Ilove it, it is really-really good, if cooked right.

Back
Top Bottom