Looking for grilled veg recipe - tasted like steak!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebam98

Assistant Cook
Hi-

I had the most amazing grilled vegetables on Sunday at a brunch. It was a "grilled vegetable" dish, including broccoli, cauliflower, yellow and green squash and snap peas, that tasted like it had steak juice or something drizzled on them. I am not positive that it was steak juice but that is how I can best describe the taste. It was not an overwhelming taste but it was pretty darn good.

Does anyone know of a grilled vegetable recipe that makes use of steak to impart flavor? Perhaps the vegetables are marinated in leftover steak juice? Perhaps the vegetables are grilled under or over steak to get the taste? Perhaps tin foil is used to seal in the steak juices while cooking? Perhaps a grill pan is used to capture all the juices? Perhaps steak isn't used at all and some other vinegar or vinairgrette can accomplish a similar taste?

It did not look like there were any spices on the veggies. In fact it did not look like much or any liquid was on them, such as would be leftover from a marinade. It was at a restaurant so I couldn't very well go ask someone how they made it. The closest I have found is this recipe.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with this, so even if anyone has any ideas on how to best experiment, those ideas are welcome too.

Thanks so much!

I was about to say maybe the vegetables were fried in steak fat, but then i realised you said grilled, lol. i dont really know what it could be :S.

Back
Top Bottom