Dinner 6/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Nothing special here, just meatloaf, mashed potatoes and some other veggie.

Today our usual sunday dinner will be at my eldest daughters house. We are initiating a new bbq cook center, bar,grill,sink,granite counters it is beautiful. So s-i-l is grilling steaks, I'm bringing figs, with a small piece of feta then wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled with rosemary honey, marinated mozzarella,sundried tomatoes, roasted red and yellow bells, basil, in evoo and vinegar to put on grilled baguette,a deviled cheese log with crackers, and Marmaladys wonderful oven roasted wings, cold tiny green beans with vidalia onions dressed in evoo and vinegar, cut up watermelon and tuscan melon, thin crispy bread sticks wrapped in more prosciutto, other daughter is bringing a large green salad and garlic bread..I promised Cade a Chocolate cake so We are having a Paula Deen # the better than cake, chocolate cake, sweetend condensed milk on top then that is topped with hot fudge ice cream topping poured over all then whipped cream and toffe crunch candy crushed and sprinkled over the top of everything..I think we've all lost our minds, but heck we lose em every sunday anyway:LOL:

Happy sunday,
kadesma:)

Last edited:
Hey, Tex - we aren't eating dog food, but I know whatcha mean!

Would that I had cj's time and imagination for all the good stuff she prepares. We can always aspire to greatness.

I was thinking leftovers...but now I think I have to cook....jeeze Kadesma!

Make me feel like a slacker!

Okay you two, Bug and Texas, I'm red faced:blush: I bet you both are great cooks and put me to shame. I never used to have this much time before, so now this is my way to play:LOL: and I love it.I also love the easy friendly banter here with both of you, and everyone else.

Angie said:
I was thinking leftovers...but now I think I have to cook....jeeze Kadesma!

Make me feel like a slacker!
Hey Angie, you a slacker? NEVER!!! nothing wrong with leftovers:) During the week I don't get to fussy very often, but weekends I love doing all these fun things and watching my kids and grandkids as they enjoy what I've made for them. It gives me so much pleasure. Today is kind of special, my daughter has wanted this grilling island for the patio for some time now and it was finally within their reach so we are using that as an excuse to party:LOL:
Happy sunday Angie:)

kadesma

That is pretty special, meatloaf is a complex dish. And its easy to personalize with your own spices. Maybe try spicing it up a bit with some sort of theme combination? Invent a new meatloaf tonight!

I'm going to a wedding, so I won't be cooking anything but I'm sure what I'll be having for dinner will be something special.

No need for red faces, kadesma! I'm happy you have the time to plan out and prepare something wonderful.

I'm just envious, is all.

And yes, please take (and appreciate?) that most times I'm on here I've got my tongue in my cheek. I only kid the people I really like - the rest aren't worth the time.

kadesma said:
Hey Angie, you a slacker? NEVER!!! nothing wrong with leftovers:) During the week I don't get to fussy very often, but weekends I love doing all these fun things and watching my kids and grandkids as they enjoy what I've made for them. It gives me so much pleasure. Today is kind of special, my daughter has wanted this grilling island for the patio for some time now and it was finally within their reach so we are using that as an excuse to party:LOL:
Happy sunday Angie:)

kadesma

So I asked hubby what he wanted..and he wants me to give another go at my last creation flop (boxed mac n cheese, canned chicken, hidden valley ranch, etc)....that's easy enough. No thawing meat tonight!

I did think about it though, kadesma..and if I eat the left overs today, then I wont have any for tomorrow's work lunch. Then I'm forced to eat out and spend money, something I'm trying to stop doing!

I shall cook....and maybe even bake....it's chilly here again today, I could make friendship bread!

SierraCook said:
Pork chops wrapped in bacon and rosemary and grilled on the grill, artichokes with mayonnaise and lemon juice, and 3 bean salad.
Wow, Sc, that meal sounds delicious:)

kadesma

Thank you, kadesma. The best thing is that I will have leftovers for dinner later in the week. I also need to finish making the spaghetti sauce that I started yesterday. I plan on dividing the sauce into containers and putting them in the freezer for meals later on.

Banana Brain said:
That is pretty special, meatloaf is a complex dish. And its easy to personalize with your own spices. Maybe try spicing it up a bit with some sort of theme combination? Invent a new meatloaf tonight!

I'm going to a wedding, so I won't be cooking anything but I'm sure what I'll be having for dinner will be something special.

But I like my meatloaf as is:LOL: I use ground beef, eggs, chunks of bread, and seasoned bread crumbs, red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and top it with ketchup which gets crusty. Then for lunch tomorrow it's meatloaf sandwiches, and if there are leftover mashed potatoes, then I can make some potatoe pancakes!

Kadesma, your dinner sounds delicious! And the best part is spending time with family while enjoying great foods together. Summer time bbq is the best. And your daughters grilling area sounds awesome!

amber said:
But I like my meatloaf as is:LOL: I use ground beef, eggs, chunks of bread, and seasoned bread crumbs, red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and top it with ketchup which gets crusty. Then for lunch tomorrow it's meatloaf sandwiches, and if there are leftover mashed potatoes, then I can make some potatoe pancakes!

The leftovers: meatloaf sandwiches and potato pancakes sound better than the original. Often I like leftovers from my dinners better than what I originally made.

amber said:
Kadesma, your dinner sounds delicious! And the best part is spending time with family while enjoying great foods together. Summer time bbq is the best. And your daughters grilling area sounds awesome!
Thanks Amber, everything was so good. We had a wonderful time and we invited the young father and 2 boys from accross the street to join Cade and Ethan and Carson for swimming and dinner. Poor guys and little guys mom had an anurisim and had to learn to walk and talk all over so daddy does most of the work while mom recupes. Those little guys had so much fun and you should have seen their faces when we brought them this huge piece of cake smiles from ear to ear..Then we had some fireworks that little kids can play with little cones you pull a string and they pop out confetti and pretty strings, the kids just screamed with excitement, what a pleasure.
My daughters grilling patio is just wonderful and such a beautiful center, granite counters wow.makes me want to do the same, but, I'm after DH to remodel the kitchen soooo:LOL: Beautiful day and time with my family and now I'm bushed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom