Hells Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I see that the new season is on tonight...I've never watched it before. Did anyone watch last seasons? Was it any good?

I really liked it last year and am looking forward to watching it in about 7 minutes!! I also liked this past season's Top Chef on Bravo.

I watched it last year.. and going to this year... It can be good.. and sometimes unbelievable

I wasn't going to watch it, thought that Gordon Ramsey was a jerk on the commercials. I watched it by accident when my son came over and put it on. Watched it ever since. I'm excited to see it again. He is hard,but, he knows what he wants in a chef of one of his restaurants. He cares deeply about the ones that don't disappoint him too.

I watched it last year and didn't care for it personally.

Even though the head chef (as I understand it anyway) is accurate for some of the culinary schools (somewhere between Drill Seargent and Executioner) I was so turned off by him that I just quit watching.

~ Raven ~

I love ****'s Kitchen. Ramsey demands excellance and he can be mean when you screw up but I've noticed that many people who demand perfection can be taskmasters. Watch how nice he is when the winning team gets to go out to dinner with him.

I really enjoy watching the show though. Even though Ramsey is tough, he tries to be fair as well.

Did anyone else notice (if you have seen the 2 hours of it tonight yet) how this group in the kitchen seems to be more inept and the restaurant customers are more obnoxious? Even Ramsey seemed about ready to drive a fist into more than one customer's face.

I watched tonight... but, I don't think I'll be watching again. It's too mean.

It wouldn't be Ramsay if he wasn't insulting contestants AND customers. He is famous for having thrown a famous UK food writer (A A Gill) and his companion (Joan Collins, no less) out of one of his restaurants, after Gill gave a less than glowing review....!

Still, he is a wonderful chef and has trained some of the very best we have - and they all appear to really love him! What can I say, he's a Scot...... tells it like it is, but praises where due.:)

Ramsey is a hard a**, and rude, and a pri**, and a variety of other adjectives...but he is also very fair.

I will more then likly end up watching the show. It amazes me how unskilled the "chefs" are...where did they find these people?

I watch it.
But WARNING... this Television, and the program is Designed to stimulate various emotions- none of which includes cooking skills or information about authentic food operations in a a classy restaurant.

I would eat at a Ramsey restaurant in a minute. I also believe in high standards and good food.

IMHO the show would be far better if it included some elements of instruction from Ramsey on how to cook better- then be harsh on the candidates of they could not do it. But, the premise of taking un-trained people and expecting them to magically become top grade chefs is absurd on its face.
Watch it for entertainment- especially if you like seeing people humiliated in public. As for the "customers"- they are as fake as the players in the show- actually- they are in the show too.
You have been warned.

I also watch Ramsey's Boiling Point on BBCAmerica. There he does give instruction and I like his high standards; how else are they going to learn to do things right. They have to do it; not watch someone else do it for them.

The US show is a spin-off from the same show here in the UK... so we've been subjected to Gordon's 'colourful' language and explosive rages for a number of years! He also has a show where he goes into failing restaurants and tries to teach REAL chefs WHY their businesses are failing... sometimes they take the advice, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the restaurants survive and lots don't!!!!

I've eaten in his restaurants quite a few times. Claridges Hotel restaurant is now run by one of his well-trained chefs, a female, Angela Hartnett, who still manages to get on with him. Marcus Wareing, another Michelin starred chef, also trained under Ramsay. He must be doing something right :LOL:

He's also opening a restaurant in NYC sometime in 2006, or so I read a while back.

Here's a Gordon Ramsay site http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges/chefs/chefpatron/

Last edited:
WOW, what a bunch of losers those contestants are! For the most part.:wacko:

I can cook better than at least half of them.

That girl who burned herself :)sad: ) is good but that's about it. That "ex-stockbroker" (now, how do become an "ex" stockbroker at the age of 40? I hope the SEC wasn't involved) was so obnoxious that I wanted to punch my fist through the tv.

The sweaty guy who they made be the waiter is possibly his own first cousin. Dewberry without any personality whatsoever.

The exceptional lack of culinary talent compared to last season really surprises me. I wouldn't trust any of them with their own restaurant. But then Michael didn't get a restaurant, he got an internship with Gordon in London.

jennyema said:
WOW, what a bunch of losers those contestants are! For the most part.:wacko:

I can cook better than at least half of them.

That girl who burned herself :)sad: ) is good but that's about it. That "ex-stockbroker" (now, how do become an "ex" stockbroker at the age of 40? I hope the SEC wasn't involved) was so obnoxious that I wanted to punch my fist through the tv.

The sweaty guy who they made be the waiter is possibly his own first cousin. Dewberry without any personality whatsoever.

The exceptional lack of culinary talent compared to last season really surprises me. I wouldn't trust any of them with their own restaurant. But then Michael didn't get a restaurant, he got an internship with Gordon in London.
I was thinking the same thing as you!! Compared to last season's wannabe chefs, this bunch are the culls!!!!!

:) I think that all of these so called cooks failed miserably they couldn't even cut 10 ounce steaks as I see it now ,not one of them would qualify to run a top notch restaurant.I think Gordon is mean because when you work in a proffesional kitchen you hafto be able to work under extreme pressure alot of the time and still not screw up.The problem with all the screaming is everybody gets so nervous they cant help but screw up.I worked for a chef many years ago and when he got really mad it worked against him because everybody started scewing up from burning,dropping things getting orders wrong and so on.It's counter productive.

How did these people get on the show????

I hear that the customers are people that work for the Fox compnay.

Back
Top Bottom