New section for Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liketobake

Senior Cook
Hi

It would be useful if we had a section on all things chocolate. It would make navigation much easier.

Thanks

:chef:

But what then? sub sections on chocolate cakes, choc torte, choc sweeties, choc puddings, choc souffles.....?!:)

Not a bad idea, actually, there could be sub-forums for "milk chocolate", "dark chocolate", "white chocolate", it's a common ingredient in cooking.

Reminds me I've been wanting to do a search for chocolate soup recipies, someone asked me about them, and I had absolutely no clue.

Ishbel said:
But what then? sub sections on chocolate cakes, choc torte, choc sweeties, choc puddings, choc souffles.....?!:)

Yes and also the different types of chocolate such as: dark, milk, white etc
Simply an everything chocolate section:-p

So, do chocolate cookies go into the chocolate category or the cookie category?

Do chocolate cakes go into the chocolate category or the cake category?

What about chocolate candies, muffins, pies, etc.

We would end up with 16 dessert categories instead of 8. Talk about difficulty navigating!

That's why this and many forums are equipped with that nifty little feature called the "Search" button. When used in "Advanced Search" mode, this handy tool can narrow down pretty much any thread or topic that one wants to find. Just select either "search thread titles only" or "search entire posts" to either narrow or expand your search parameters.

Andy M. said:
So, do chocolate cookies go into the chocolate category or the cookie category?

They would go in both categories. A simple copy and paste will do the trick.

We would end up with 16 dessert categories instead of 8. Talk about difficulty navigating!

The search or advanced search is not that helpful. If something is spelled wrong for example it might not come up. Personially I think 16 categories is way better then 8. With the 8 for general browsing it is cumbersome to go though all the groups when you are looking for something general yet specific. For instance what category would scones fall into? When I do a search I get 106 results, which are almost all not relevent. Clicking on pies and pastries doesn't do it either.
subforum_new.gif
Brownies & Dessert Bars
subforum_old.gif
Cakes
subforum_old.gif
Candies
subforum_old.gif
Cobblers & Crisps
subforum_old.gif
Cookies
subforum_old.gif
Frozen
subforum_old.gif
Muffins & Loaves
subforum_old.gif
Pies & Pastries

Anyways that is my view on the navigation of this site, take it or leave it.....
A chocolate category would be very useful for all of the chocolate lovers.

Last edited:
I'd put scones in a 'quck bread' category!:chef: Errr - what Andy said - sorry, Andy, didn't see your post!

Please - not 16 dessert forums - please - I'm begging you!:)

You can find chocolate in any of those catagories, liketobake.
When you are in, say, the pie threads, click on search this thread. It will search only the pie forum and nothing else. It's easier than the general search at the top.

Go check the dessert forum. I stuck the Chocolate Lovers thread for you. I'll leave it up there for a bit so everyone can go drool over all those lovely recipes.

Alix said:
Go check the dessert forum. I stuck the Chocolate Lovers thread for you. I'll leave it up there for a bit so everyone can go drool over all those lovely recipes.

OH MY gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow I am gonna be here a while copy and pasting............ boy o boy.. I shouldn't have popped in here RIGHT before dinner.. huh? YUMMY YUMMY!!! * drools*

liketobake said:
It would be useful if we had a section on all things chocolate. It would make navigation much easier.

Not really - chocolate is just an ingredient. If we had a forum with sub-forums dedicated to every ingredient - how would anyone ever find anything?

What would really help more would be if everyone put their recipes in the proper forum and titled them correctly .... like, instead of "Nanna's Favorite Scones Recipe" they would title it "Nanna's Chocolate Scones Recipe".

Last edited:
Not if you are calling them scones - now if you want to call them chocolate biscuits..... I'm quite happy with that! (The American type of biscuit, not the British type which are really cookies!):cool:

Back
Top Bottom