Favorite things to put on a hot dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My big problem is knowing where to stop. I like chili, slaw, sauerkraut, onions, mustard - but not on one hot dog. I usually put the onions and mustard and one of the others.

I like the following, but not necessarily at the same time.

mustard (any kind except the neon yellow kind)
sauerkraut
chopped white onions
chili

Ketchup and onions

Sometimes chili or kraut

When I grew up in the midwest, we always drowned them in ketchup, but in the east they seem to dig mustard. In fact, there was a time that the vendors at Fenway Park didn't have ketchup packs to give you with your Fenway Frank.

I read your post too quick Jenny and thought you said Kimchee instead of ketchup. I thought that sounded really good.

Wow!

You know, I bet kimchi would taste good on a hotdog. It's not that different than kraut.

I'm serious! I'm gonna try it!

I am too. I think we may be onto something Jenny. Hey want to go into busines together. We can open the first Korean hot dog stand run by two caucasians in Boston :LOL:

It depends on my mood, but I pretty much like anything & everything already mentioned:

Mustard & sauerkraut, dill or sweet pickle relish
Ketchup, sauteed onions or sauteed onions & frying peppers
Chili with chopped raw sweet onion, shredded cheese

This thread is making me hungry! My favorites are

mustard, sauerkraut
mustard and relish
mustard and ketchup
chili, cheese, and onions
mustard, cooked onions and peppers

I like the cut hot dog buns grilled in a pan, ohhh so good :)

Also, there was this hot dog place in Rhode Island that served some type of finely chopped meat sauce on the hot dogs. It wasnt a red sauce and I have no idea what type of sauce it was as I was just a kid at the time. It was delicious!

Definately having hot dogs in the near future :LOL:

I like everything mentioned already (not all at same time) except for ketchup!!!!! I will put diced fresh tomatoes on a hot dog though, I like that better.

If forced to eat one... ketchup, onions and dill pickles.

and it must be cooked over an open fire
next to a tent and a wild running river.

GB said:
I am too. I think we may be onto something Jenny. Hey want to go into busines together. We can open the first Korean hot dog stand run by two caucasians in Boston :LOL:

you two should know better, koreans don't eat that part of the dog...:cool:

and kimchee is fantastic on a hot dog, btw.

i also like:

cheddar and raw onions with spicy brown mustard.
yellow or dijon mustard and sauerkraut
spicy brown mustard and sabrett onions in red petrochemical sauce
chilli and raw onions with brown or wholegrain dijon mustard
spicy brown mustard, sauerkraut, buttered onions, and boiled/sliced potatoes (a polish dog)
spicy brown mustard, peppers and onions sauteed in evoo, homefried potatoes (an italian dog)

I like Sauerkraut, jalapenos, mustard and mayo on my 100% beef dogs. With a really cold coke of course! Know I know what to eat for lunch tomorrow, yummy!!

I don't like hot dogs - think I've only ever eaten two in my life. Once cos I wasn't sure what they were like and again to ensure I wasn't making a snap decision. I wasn't! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm with bucky, kimchee is wonderful on hot dogs and we have them that way regularly.

Love Chicage style dogs with the tons of toppings on top.

Will put cole slaw on the dog. Or pickles.

Generally just forage through the fridge and put on what seems good at the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom