Favorite Bisquick Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTamale

Senior Cook
img_287105_0_7ab53342268a524a67d0bb1f247647dd.gif
Hello Everyone!

I have a huge box of Bisquick that I bought for Armadillo Eggs....
And now have, just about the whole box left! Was hoping you all could give me some ideas....
Favorite recipes you use Bisquick for?..... (sweet or savory)
Bisquick.com did not have anything that sounded delish
img_287105_1_03be9de3b5f05233551510eea7b98d1e.gif

I like the Red Lobster Garlic Cheese Biscuits made with Bisquick. Bisquick makes good pancakes and waffles too.

Bisquik is great for dumplings in beef stew. The recipe is on the back of the box.

I use Bisquik to make a Salvadorian dessert called "Quesadilla". It's a very moist and rich cake topped with sesame seeds. Sour cream and parmesan cheese is added in the batter so this cake tastes similar to cheesecake but in a bread/cake consistency. So yummy!

Shortcake for my mother's classic strawberry shortcake. Tastes more like summer than anything else.

There's a coffeecake recipe on the box that makes a pretty decent little crumcake.

You can also use it in place of flour to coat things like fried chicken or fish.

bisquik makes great dumplings as amber said. i use them in chicken soup/stew b/c they cook right in it. other than that, they make the best waffles. : )

img_287784_0_6cec7fdcbeb13614095f0a8f4cbed44b.gif
Thanks All!

I will be trying the Oven-Fried Chicken and the dumplings. Dina is the Cake Savory? sounds interesting.
I love the Armadillo Eggs recipe, and of course, the Pancakes, Waffles and the Coffee Cake...not to mention, the Red Lobster Garlic Cheese Biscuits, I cannot stop eating until they are gone!
img_287784_1_3a5258c630191703a31af9ce91b9f22e.gif

Happen to catch Shannon in KS Recipe for Chicken Fried Steak (Hey Shannon!
img_287784_2_c123987ba0ce0b8d37291f740fd5cd7a.gif
miss all our Jokes!) will definitely try that too!
Any other "homemade-not-on-the-box" Recipes?

what's the armadillo egg recipe? did i miss something on the box? i haven't bought this for a while...

Try this recipe. It doesn't use a whole lot of Bisquick, but if you have a million zucchini like I do, you will probably double and even triple the recipe.

ZUCCHINI FRITTATA
3-4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 * cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped basil
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
2-3 cloves finely chopped garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or your * * * choice
1/2 cup baking mix (Bisquick or Trader * * * * * Joe's)
4 eggs,lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9"X13"X2" glass baking pan. Put sliced zucchini into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with about 1/4 cup more cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool. You may chill and then cut the frittata into small squares for appetizers or serve larger pieces warm as a side dish. This frittata freezes very well and can be warmed in the microwave. (I make lots and freeze it to use as appetizers during holidays!)

If you want to make your own baking mix, here's a recipe:

Baking Mix

9 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk solids
2 cups shortening (which does not require refrigeration)

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and sugar
three times. Add dry milk. Mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry
blender or two knives until mixture looks like cornmeal. Store in
covered container at room temperature.

NOTE: To measure the baking mix, pile it lightly into cup and
level off with a table knife.

I like to use Bisquick for cobblers. This recipe is for cherry, but it's great with blackberries, which are coming in season here about now.

Cherry Cobbler
(Peaches or apricots may be used instead.) Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons sugar in an 8-inch square baking dish. Add 2 cups pitted and drained cherries and 1 cup cherry juice. Place in a 350 degrees F oven for a few minutes until mixture starts to thicken.

Meanwhile, add 1 cup sugar to 1 1/4 cups Baking Mix. Add 1/2 cup water to make a thick batter. Beat until smooth and drop or spread on hot cherries. Bake at 425 degrees F until golden brown, or about 20 minutes.
Serve warm with cream. Serves 6.

Hello.. i have a recipe that i use my bisquick for.. it makes a great "comfort food" .. esp in the winter time. I got this recipe from a friend from church about 10yrs ago..

ROBIN'S POT PIE
2 cups diced, meat(chicken, turkey or beef) or 1# hamburger
1/2 cup onion, beef only
2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2 cups frozen or canned veggies, any
1-1/2 cups milk
2 cups bisquick

fry meat with onion,mix together rest of ingredients, except for milk and biscuick. Pour into a 9x13 ungreased pan. Mix milk and bisquick together and pour over meat mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for 27-30 minutes or till crust is light brown.

Hope u like it.

Jen

I used to make the regular pancake recipe on the box, then I found the "melt in you mouth version" in the fine print. It is WAY better.

Back
Top Bottom