What to prepare w/ fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
canteloupe, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, watermelon, apples, etc.
p.s.- i don't bake many items.

luvs said:
canteloupe, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, watermelon, apples, etc.
p.s.- i don't bake many items.

For the strawberries and cherries I would dip them in chocolate and refrigerate until ready to use. Blueberries...I would freeze them and use for pancakes or that delicious blueberry cheesecake bars that texasgirl posted in the dessert forum. As for the melons, I would use a melon baller and have a fruit salad, you could also add some booze for extra punch :LOL:

Apples, well I think a pie is good, but since you dont bake, not sure what to do with those other than eat them fresh or make apples pancakes.

I just wrote about what you could do and then remembered you don't like desserts! whoops!

How about a mixed fruit/multi-cheese plate with crackers/bread rolls? It's a favorite of mine.

Also, you can grill strawbs and serve over chicken breasts.

Luvs,
since desserts are not your thing:) I find with company and the kids, they love a fruit platter,paired with several different cheeses and some crackers..Melons they love sliced and wrapped in prosciutto or serrano ham, they enjoy straberries diced up with diced cucumbers and tossed with a little good balsamic or this blackberry balsamic vinegar I have,watermelon in chunks with feta and black pepper and some evoo is good.Strawberries you can make into a strawberry butter for french toast, or make strawberry bread. A molded salad is always nice on hot days. Just a few ideas and many I'm sure already mentioned.

kadesma:)

mmmm, sounds great, jkath & kads. i combine them often. i could cook/prepare those other dishes for guests. thanks!

Last edited:
i can't count how many times i've seen tv chefs make a syrup out of orange and lemon juice and zest, a cuppa sugar, and even an herb like sage in a frying pan, then tosing in the fruit of the season. oh, and a flambe' of the ubiquitous high alcohol content liquor like rum often follows.

grilling fruits can be tricky because you can burn the sugar. but if done at a low enough temp, then drizzled with honey or sprinkled with brown sugar, they're delicious. pineapple, pear, and peach are my faves.

Back
Top Bottom