Menu for our annual BBQ-any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
:chef: Saturday we'll be having our annual all day BBQ.
here's our menu:
Appys/lunch:
Grilled pizza
Memphis ribs
Grilled romaine mozzarella rolls
Beer steamed shrimp
Hot and sour wings
Guacamole
Mango Salsa-(thank you Mr. Buckytom)
and fishie crackers for the under 4 set!!

Entrees
Deep fried turkey(cajun rub)
Deep fried rib eye steaks
Jamaican Pork
hotdogs
hamburgers

Sides
Grilled pineapple
Grilled zucchini,eggplant,peppers and onions
Corn on the cob
Emeril's $40.00 mac and cheese

Drinks
Pitchers of Mojitos,Red Sangria and White Sangria,Margaritas
You name it we got it beer
Mike's lime and lemonades (the other flavors just seem to sit around)
Assorted sodas,seltzers and juices,lemonade and iced tead
Bottled water

Dessert
Cinnamon shortbread cookies
Lemonbars
Raspberry Chocolate triangles
Chocolate chip cookies
Almond blueberry bars
Puffed rice candy
Muddy Buddies
Coffee, tea, and assorted cordials(Especially Butterscotch cream shots-a favorite with this crowd)

Did I forget anything????:ermm:

Whew........I agree! I only had an eight of that menu for the 4th and some was prepared ahead and I was ran ragged. Sounds amazing though.

corazon90 said:
What time and where?:LOL:
Looks great Vicki! Have a wonderful time! You have a lot to celebrate.
Should I post directions to my house???:) Thank you Cora-Den anad Laurie's official engagement party will be on Aug 20 at her Mom's house- I really won't have too much of a hand it that though.
This Sat we'll be having anywhere from 25-50 people or that's what we have had in the past. Invitation is by word of mouth to the same people every year.We usually get return friends on the day after for left-overs- I love it!!!:LOL:

sounds great

how many are you having?

Deep fried ribeye steak sounds interesting must be good? how do you
prepare the steaks.

Well not on the menu but water ballons are fun:cool:

rickell said:
how many are you having?

Deep fried ribeye steak sounds interesting must be good? how do you
prepare the steaks.

Well not on the menu but water ballons are fun:cool:
I forgot to mention- bring a bathing suit and towel- we have a pool-albeit an above ground but, it sure feels good when it's hot out!!
Anyway rickell-My husband deep fries the rib steaks for about 2 minutes after he takes the turkey out of the fryer.He's a big Montreal seasoning fan which he usually sprinkles on both sides of the steaks.Being as he and the men folk at the BBQ stand around the turkey fryer as if it was a spiritual ritual, I can't actually say how or what he uses to get the steaks in the fryer but, I know everyone goes crazy over them.

Wow! Sounds like fun!

And the menu sounds perfect. There's something for everyone!

auntdot said:
Vicki, can I be your friend?

LOL

Have a great time.
Aren't you my friend already????:rolleyes:
I'm just hoping the rain decides to get done with it's business today!!!!

VickiQ said:
.Being as he and the men folk at the BBQ stand around the turkey fryer as if it was a spiritual ritual, I can't actually say how or what he uses to get the steaks in the fryer

Vicki, I think it's a male bonding thing.

Have you heard the one about the two cannibals who are standing by the fire watching the kettle and having a beer?
One of them comments on how badly he hates his mother-in-law. He goes on and on about it, until his buddy finally says, "Man, I'm sorry, but she's all we have for supper."

vagriller said:
It's dangerous work. You should feel fortunate that he is willing to risk life and limb to provide food!:)
The first time he deep fried a turkey he did it in flip flops on the patio.His feet were smartsing for days and the patio still has the oil stain- he has since built a cinder block platform for it out by the shed!:rolleyes:
Some additional items have been added to the menu- grilled marinated portabellas and Kadesma's sesame broccoli!

Constance said:
Vicki, I think it's a male bonding thing.

Have you heard the one about the two cannibals who are standing by the fire watching the kettle and having a beer?
One of them comments on how badly he hates his mother-in-law. He goes on and on about it, until his buddy finally says, "Man, I'm sorry, but she's all we have for supper."
LOL!!!!!!
I best be getting back to the kitchen lots to chop and marinades to make!!

Back
Top Bottom