Feasting on Asphalt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is, and has won the James Beard Award NUMEROUS times. Although his emphasis is on molecular gastronomy, I like his aproach on cooking and fundamentals.

it is the study of the chemical reactions that make food work, and how things function on a, well, molecular level.

Though he is a fundamentalist, chefs Like Hamaro Cantu at MOTO Chicago, and F. Adria,of Bulliea(sp) in Spain, practice the art and make some amazing dishes...the food of the future.

AB is a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute. I don't believe he ever worked as a chef.

I love Alton too, and I'm really looking forward to his new show.

Although I'm not really a fan of the "watch people eat at various places around the country" type shows, I know Alton will have a different spin on it. I'm certain there will be some great info in there and he can't help but be entertaining, it's just part of his personality!

Will definitely be watching!

Valerie

digigirl said:
Although I'm not really a fan of the "watch people eat at various places around the country" type shows, I know Alton will have a different spin on it. I'm certain there will be some great info in there and he can't help but be entertaining, it's just part of his personality!

Will definitely be watching!

Valerie

I ienjoy watching the folks eat at different places. I've been all over the country, and may go to some of the places on these shows. So it's cool to see a review in advance. Although I don't think I've ever seen RR give a bad review of any place she's ever been. And every first bite is to die for.:LOL:

He reminds me of bill nye the science guy. Remember bill nye? I just love Alton even more though. I wouldn't be attaracted to him if it weren't for his brains though and that sexy geekiness about him. He's hot the same way Bob Sagot used to be hot. Before Bob went... you know... like this.

I have to agree with my new friend BB about Alton's sexy geekiness - he really is a nerd, but then again..........

Can't get into Bob, though. I always associate him with that stupid show my daughter used to love with him and the guy with the mullet and the other guy about raising kids in the same house.

I believe corazon had a brush with AB greatness when he stopped in some roadside joint near where she lives. I will be watching.

Full house is the show. And I thought Bob was sexy as Danny Tanner as well as the host of America's Funniest Home Vidios.

Yes my daughter and I have been eagerly awaiting this show. I can't wait to see what he eats in NC.

I am not too keen on Alton. He's too scientific for me, he analyzes things too much, which takes the fun out of cooking for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom