Kitchen pics - before and after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
Here are some pics of my kitchen. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

Attachments

• before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 198
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 184
  • before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 207
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 191
Good job so far, I love the colour of the walls, a gorgeous terracotta, very mediterranean! And nice baskets next to the oven! I want some of those!

vagriller said:
Here are some pics of my kitchen. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.
Very nice vagriller,
I really like that your stove tucks under the counter on the left, and you have that roll-away counter to the right. I'd have a real rough top on the roll-away so I could clamp hand cranked grinders to it without caring about damaging the surface.

mudbug said:
Nice, vagriller. what else do you want to do?

We want to install a white range hood, paint the countertops a more neutral color (till we figure out a more permanent solution), put down cherry laminate on the floor, and change the hardware to a brushed nickel. Also on the other side there is spot where the fridge went (our new fridge was too big to fit there) and we are going to put a bakers rack for the microwave and cookbooks. Probably some other stuff too, but we really need to decide on a theme for our decor. Suggestions?

skilletlicker,
The cart to the right of the stove sort of happened by accident. The original stove in the house was a 27" drop in, and we put in a 30" smoothtop. I thought I would be able to just shave some counter off each side, but it wasn't to be. I ended up just taking out the cabinet to the right of the stove and we found this cart very cheap at Walmart. The cart will do for now, but it not very heavy duty.

Last edited:
vagriller said:
skilletlicker,
The cart to the right of the stove sort of happened by accident.
Story of my life; what I think is the best part is just temporary 'till the good stuff arrives.

skilletlicker said:
Story of my life; what I think is the best part is just temporary 'till the good stuff arrives.

We would like to do something similiar to this for a permanent setup, but this cart looks much better than just open space. If you saw it in person you would know what I am talking about. It's a cheap Walmart cart. I really like the baskets though.

You have lots of room in your kitchen but it is quite a walk from the counters and stove to the refrigerator. I had the same situation in my kitchen so I bought a stainless steel commercial kitchen work table which sits in the center of the kitchen. It provides a very useful work surface and also provides a great place to put things and to transfer things things going to and from the refrigerator or to and from the stove. It can easily be moved for cleaning and is easy to maintain. I paid less than $100 for mine at a commercial restaurant supply and it is 30" by 60" by 36" high.

Last edited:
I really like the color of the walls.........what an amazing color choice. So what inspired you to choose it? The new flooring is really going to set it off. Just in case you missed my last post............the floor we have is laminate also and I really don't care for it. The wood is so soft. I dropped one of the drawers putting it back into the cabinet and got a gouge in the flooring. Its impossible to patch using the wood putty filler and stains. I've tried various shades and combination of shades too. Plus its really hard to keep clean. Seriously, I have to mop everyday and sometimes twice a day. If you have the extra money I'd suggest real hardwood as my SIL has that and she loves it.

Did you know you can paint your range hood? I saw one done on HGTV.

Great job so far!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom