Take Home Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
Somebody please tell me you've seen Take Home Chef - with "Hunky Australian Master Chef, Curtis Stone"... just caught it for the first time tonight and am dumfounded... in a good way... I laughed out loud several times. But the recipes looked so good... tonight's episode included a whole yellow-tail snapper and a creme caramel for dessert...

The premise of the show -- Chef Stone "approaches regular people in the grocery store to find out what’s for dinner and offers his help in transforming their regular meals into something extraordinary. If the offer is accepted, Stone heads on over to the person’s home to see how they eat and he offers up his assistance in spicing up their usual cooking routine."

The young woman on tonight's yellow-tail snapper episode went to "freshen up" after they returned from the supermarket and came back into the kitchen to cook dinner in a little top cut wide and low down to here. :ROFLMAO:

The Chef stuck to business.

have seen it...he's certainly a good chef, but it is certainly a weird premise. Basically rich non cooking ladies with fab kitchens get to take this tall gawky hunky down under chef home to cook for a pretty suspicious hubby!

It takes 'way too long to get to the cooking. And sort of a dorky premise I think.

I adore the show, Sharon! My friend and I compare notes on it and both have come to the conclusion that we'd like Curtis to come cook dinner for us. He is so kind and considerate to all his targets! In all the episodes I've seen, he's never said an unkind word to anyone. That's character.
(Oh, and... Yep, she did look a bit ridiculous, and we all know what her undergarments looked like, but that's not the first time it's happened! )Check out his site, and you'll get some beautiful recipes!
PS - we've recognized the stores he's in! Only 15-20 miles from my home! If only I could grocery shop there............!
Gretchen, as for the 'takes too long' part, I think if he didn't do it that way, many non-cooks (which is who the show is aimed at) wouldn't watch. I really like the format!

Oh my, I certainly don't see them as 'regular people'.:rolleyes:

The recipes looked good but I watched the show twice and won't turn it on again because of all the goofyness and carrying on...that gets old, very fast.

Thanks jkath! My pea brain didnt even think to google it :LOL: Must be the heat affecting my brain today. :ohmy:

SharonT said:
Somebody please tell me you've seen Take Home Chef - with "Hunky Australian Master Chef, Curtis Stone"....

Seem him.. have dreams about him LOL want to bear his children LOL

Ok his cooking isnt the best some recipes are really good

but ya what a hunk I have a think for accents :ROFLMAO:

It is weird (Robo) and dorky (Gretchen) and goofy (Half Baked)…
but sooo fascinating - I’m sure I’ll go on watching until it begins to pall !

jkath – I liked the other episode that was on last night also, with the Mushroom Jus. I agree that that he seems very kind and considerate... maybe the teensiest bit condescending about the meat loaf....:LOL:
Does he always stop in at another shop to buy a dish? Thanks for the link to his site and the recipes. (I see he doesn’t visit women exclusively.)

I have watched the show, but stopped after a few episodes. I got the very distinct impression that it was high end. The shows I've seen, the women drive off in SUV's. At least one had a nanny in the house.

I'd like to see him in a 500 sq ft apartment, no SUV to drive home in, no gas top, no grill, with none of the doodadds the women had. Then he can show me what he can do in the kitchen.

Oh goody, sounds all very cheeky, lol. Can you even learn from this show? *Looks at self in mirror* I hate competition, not that I'm even in the running. *stuffs mouth with moi cheesecake*
:pig: :pig: :pig:

Last edited:
Loprraine said:
I'd like to see him in a 500 sq ft apartment, no SUV to drive home in, no gas top, no grill, with none of the doodadds the women had. Then he can show me what he can do in the kitchen.

....with food that is on their budget.:dry:

LOL - yeah Loprraine ... I think he looks in the basket to make sure she is buying something "up market" before approaching her.

It's kind of like "Door Knock Dinner" meets "Tyler Florence" or "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" but hitting on women. I think he wears too much makeup!

Give me someone in a small apartment, with a basket containing 2 cans of tune and a loaf of bread as a starting point ... let's see what he can really do in the real world!

Last edited:
Loprraine said:
I have watched the show, but stopped after a few episodes. I got the very distinct impression that it was high end. The shows I've seen, the women drive off in SUV's. At least one had a nanny in the house.

My guess is that you can't get a full camera crew into a tiny kitchen!
Keep in mind, in the Pasadena area (the stores I've recognized), that's pretty much all you get for shoppers.

Jen, I think you need to start hanging out there. Maybe we'll all start a club that meets at Gelson's and Whole Foods in Pas.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom