Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Whats for dinner, August 7 ? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-august-7-a-25236.html)

amber 08-07-2006 09:57 AM

Whats for dinner, August 7 ?

I'll either make chicken picata, or steak sandwiches. Not sure what to make for sides.

Alix 08-07-2006 10:02 AM

No clue at the moment, I'm going to watch this thread for ideas!

Half Baked 08-07-2006 10:02 AM

I'm making chicken salad overtop a green salad with watermelon for dessert.

JohnL 08-07-2006 11:10 AM

GF wants burgers on the grill with horseradish cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Sides will be potato salad and slaw leftover from yesterday.

Chef_Jen 08-07-2006 11:15 AM

For us.. "smoked" Bacon Chops with Braised Red Cabbage and Courgettes (zuchinnis) from the garden... with steamed salad potatoes!

for the guests:
Chicken wraped in Bacon and served with a light cheese and leek sauce

Toots 08-07-2006 11:44 AM

BLTs with homegrown tomatoes, watermelon and ice cream

pdswife 08-07-2006 11:45 AM

Mousaka!! Can't wait!!!

vyapti 08-07-2006 12:12 PM

It's my Annivarsary. I'm in the middle of a road trip (vacation?) between families, so we'll celebrate later.

Today, I'm cooking for my family. I'm making polenta stuffed with italian sausage, mushroom, zucchini and mozzy, with a sausage sauce.

Tomorrow, at Kristen's family, we'll have either pesto or bolognese.

Bangbang 08-07-2006 01:04 PM

I don't know yet.

Robo410 08-07-2006 01:41 PM

roast beef au jus sammies and yukon gold potato salad, plus corn tomatoes etc. Happy summer!

PA Baker 08-07-2006 02:10 PM

Toots, BLTs sound good!

I was planning on grilling steaks and having some fresh green beans and corn. They're calling for heavy thunderstorms, though, so I'm not sure what I'll have if I can't cook out.

kadesma 08-07-2006 02:37 PM

Sent Dh to the store for one thing, lemons for lemonade, got the lemons, plus, a corned beef, cabbage,yukon golds, green beans, carrots. Do you think he was hinting at something?:lol:
So, dinner is..Corned beef and cabbage and I think I'll make some homemade biscuits with rosemary honey and butter. Dessert, I just picked a watermelon from the garden so that will be the finale.
kadesma

middie 08-07-2006 03:19 PM

I making Pa Baker's Rosemary chicken with roasted potatoes and I think some green beans.

SizzlininIN 08-07-2006 04:14 PM

I have chicken breasts marinating in Zesty Italian Dressing. I'm going to throw those on the grill and serve them with some grilled veggies and orzo.

Alix 08-07-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyapti
It's my Annivarsary. I'm in the middle of a road trip (vacation?) between families, so we'll celebrate later.

Congratulations! How long have you been together?

I think we are going to have caesar salad roll ups with some grilled teriyaki steak sliced into them. Maybe some potato wedges or a potato salad.

AllenOK 08-07-2006 04:49 PM

As I type, I have 8 turkey legs smoking in my grill right now. They ought to be ready around 8 o'clock or so. I can't wait. The county fair is going on right now, and whenever there's a fair around, I'm in the mood for smoked turkey legs, as I used to get them at the State Fair back in Tulsa. MMMMMMMMMM. I know my kids will be tickled pink, as they love chicken/turkey legs. PeppA, on the other hand, is not very eager to try them. I did them once, last year, and that was before I really got good experience with smoking, and they ended up being not quite as tasty as they should have been.

marmar 08-07-2006 05:07 PM

I wish I was making something else.
I have two bone-in chicken breasts and a new stainless steel pot. And some eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Not sure what that'll make.

Plus some bell pepper focaccia.

ChefScotty 08-07-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmar
I wish I was making something else.
I have two bone-in chicken breasts and a new stainless steel pot. And some eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. Not sure what that'll make.

Plus some bell pepper focaccia.

Throw in some onion and you're pretty much totally set for chicken samfaina there, and you'd get to use the new pot!

Claire 08-07-2006 07:18 PM

Today was leftovers day after having company over the weekend. Turned steak and a potato into a kind of elegant hash, and had tomatoes and cukes from the garden.

cliveb 08-07-2006 07:23 PM

Punjabi red Beans and Brinjal (Aubergine) Masala; papadums and a hefty dose of chutney.