Whats for dinner, August 7 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to go to Marion today, to have some minor surgery on my ankle, so DH and I ate lunch at Red Lobster before I went "under the knife". I had grilled Rainbow Trout from the lunch menu, and it was good, but such a thin little fillet! I much prefer the trout cooked whole. I guess most restaurants are afraid to serve fish with bones, though.
Kim had jumbo grilled shrimp, and they were good, also.
Even the dog, Chloe, got in on the goodies. I brought her home a cheddar biscuit, and that merry little tail was really showing her appreciation!

I keep telling myself that one of these days, I'm just going to make a meal of their appetizors.

I made blondies. Who says you cannot have cookies for dinner? I got home about 4pm, one kid already at work, till 10pm, the other heading out the door, not to return till 10, also. What's the point in cooking?

So, I made cookies, instead. When you think about it, all the food groups are present: flour (bread), eggs & pecans ( protein) dried cherries (fruit) vanilla ( vegetable) butter, (fat) and chocolate ( from the ever popular candy food group). Not to worry about the missing dairy group, as I expect my kids will down about half a gallon of milk, each...

VeraBlue said:
So, I made cookies, instead. When you think about it, all the food groups are present: flour (bread), eggs & pecans ( protein) dried cherries (fruit) vanilla ( vegetable) butter, (fat) and chocolate ( from the ever popular candy food group). Not to worry about the missing dairy group, as I expect my kids will down about half a gallon of milk, each...

Great! Now I'm going to have that Bill Cosby skit going through my head!! :-p :ROFLMAO:

C'mon everyone sing it! "Dad is great! Give us chocolate cake!" And don't forget the grapefruit juice to go with it! :sick:

John

Back
Top Bottom