What Makes You Pound the Steering Wheel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
sorry, I cannot help the fact that I am into such trivia lately...........

I'm thinking of tunes on the radio that turn you into a drumming wannabe at the red lights, or on the interstate, or the ones that make you sit in the driveway before you lug the groceries into the house.

Some of the ones that turn me into a we've-got-the-beat banshee are the following, in no particular order:

Feel Like A Number - Bob Seger
Rock This House - Stray Cats (I think)
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
Good Lovin' - Grateful Dead

further apologies to those who think this is dinosaur rock, but that's where I am. Newer ideas are appreciated.

I don't don't drive anymore, Bug, (Actually, I never did like to drive.) but I'm a great passenger. I like your choices, but since I'm a bit older than you are, I have a few to add. These are not so much steering wheel thumpers as "interstate songs".

Born to be Wild...Steppenwolf
Highway Song...Blackfoot
Green Grass and High Tides...The Outlaws
Riding the Storm out...REO Speedwagon
Children of the Sun...Billy Thorpe
Anything by ZZ Top
Most anything by Lynrd Skynrd

I'll admit it...I am a dinosaur! :LOL:

Attachments

• 0131.gif
    0131.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 68
I totally misinterpretted the question. I was going to respond "seeing a driver with a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other".:blush:

Back on topic, when on a long trip, I like Kenny Roger's, The Gambler. Don't know why, but it works.:)

My Sharona - The Knack
Tequila - The Champs
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Rockula - Los Straitjackets
Bawitdaba - Kid Rock
Barracuda - Heart
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Speedball - Reno Jazz Orchestra
Rock Lobster - The B-52's

The Urge: Brainless
The Smiths: Human
The Smiths: Happy in the haze of a drunken hour
Black Flag: My War
ANYTHING STEELY DAN!
VanHalen: Hot For Teacher(or any D.LeeRoth era VH)
too many to list...

Loprraine said:
I totally misinterpretted the question. I was going to respond "seeing a driver with a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other".:blush:

Back on topic, when on a long trip, I like Kenny Roger's, The Gambler. Don't know why, but it works.:)

So did I.
I was already with my answer... so you lucky people get to hear it.
We live on a long long country road almost in the middle of now where... the speed limit is 35 for some reason I always get behind grandma and grandpa going 20 all the way from the beginning to end...and there's NOWHERE to safely pass....

on to happier thoughts
Just turn on the country station and I'm singing along.
Toby Keith, Faith Hill, Big and Rich and Tim McGraw's When the Stars go blue are my favorites these days.

:):)

Most of the stuff that makes me pound the wheel most of you would not know so I will not bother mentioning song names, but the bands that play the songs are:

Phish
Grateful Dead
moe.
String Cheese Incident
Yonder Mountain String Band
and many others

Although one song lately that I have been turning up loud and getting very into is Debaser by The Pixies.

I can't even save myself - don't know who it is
Joe Walsh
Peter Frampton
Heck, most of the classics get me going. LOL

Yep - I was ready to say "drivers who cut me off & drivers talking on their cell phones & not paying attention!"

Anyway - one that always does it for me:
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Actually just about anything by AC/DC but You Shook Me... always makes me crank it up. And Guns 'N Roses!

i probably shouldn't listen to rage against the machine, or some beastie boys tunes when i'm driving. i get too aggressive, even for ny standards.

on the classical side, gotta watch out for wagner.

with "ring highlights" blasting in my stereo, i was driving up 6th ave with some friends/tourists, battling for lane position with a half dozen taxi cabs as the lights changed to green, up from herald square one evening.

timing each light, dodging garbage trucks and slow pedestrians caught in the crosswalk, i left many of the checkered and yellow fokke tri-wolfe taxis in my prop wash. but as i finally had approached radio city where construction had closed the rest of the road north, one final cab pulled up next to me. the driver lifted his goggles, saluted, and turned away down 51st street, his scarf trailing out the window.

my friends thought it was the best trips to ny they'd ever had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom