Professional cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, because there has never been a need for it since there are/were so little professional cooks/chefs on this site. For awhile, I think it was just me, Allen, Erik, and marmalady. Then Chef Jimmy came on, and now there seems to be a lot more. You could always just start threads under the "General Cooking" forum and take it from there.

Send a HUGE ole email to Jean. Remember she's in bed by 7:30 these days.

And copy it to Lyn of course ......

Share the really good stuff with all of us though.

My well-done steak is NOT well done she says showing me the center of it, which is visibly as perfectly well done as it ever will be and I have a momentary look of confusion so she also volunteers she wants another one, properly cooked this time, so it is red and almost bleeding in the center. Silly me, of course she does.

Ticket, salmon, medium rare. I have the server show me the customer and go to ask 45 y.o. male if he could please explain to me what he means by medium rare so I can prepare it as he is expecting it to arrive. "It's how I like my steaks. I'm from Kansas. I've never had fish ...... "

Idiot FOH manager that hates me almost as much as I hate him gleefully comes back with a plated steak in his hand knowing I didn't cook it but he's seen me on the line anyway and is looking forward to sticking it to me. This steak needs FIXING. What was the temp? Medium-well. Prod the steak, shout at the grill cook wtf this is bleu (pronounced blue). Idiot FOH manager - no it's not, it's red. And there's why they invented all over body condoms.

Last edited:
Freak, Scotty you have been there and done that, had me spewing Loprainne's brandied cherries, brandy juice on the screen, LOL Hey, I only have one jar and decided, since it was my night off to induldge in them. You really do need to get the recipe before cherries are out of season....hic.:rolleyes:
All gone, ****nn, they were some good Lorraine!

Editted to add, less than half a jar. Get her to post the recipe!

Last edited:
Griottines are on my top ten foods ever list. Give it up Lorraine.

I've got a howler of a story about the Burns Night dinner I did for the police, but having read the posting rules, it's probably got PM written all over it.

How do you post a pm to more than one person at a time? Otherwise you'll be writing till you turn BLEU (pronounced blue) :ROFLMAO:

would appreciate being part of this group. Not a pro, but a teacher of some who will be one day. sounds like our commiseration following parents' night.

DaCook said:
Is there a forum here where we can discuss what we do on a day to day basis?

You can post such threads/messages here in the Off Topic, Jokes, Games Forum (where this message is posted). As IronChef said - we have had a limited number of professional cooks and although the Moderators have discussed adding such a forum ... there has not been a real need for it in the past. I'm sure the Mods and Admins will readdress this idea if a need is demonstrated in the future.

Please, DO NOT post these messages in the General Cooking forum - that forum is for General Cooking Questions that do not fit any other cooking catagory. Messages posted there that are not cooking questions will be moved to the Off Topic forum by a moderator.

And, yes PMs are another way to vent at the end of the day ... as GB said, seperate the names with semi-colons like this:

Bob; Carol; Ted; Alice

I'd also like to add a gentle word of caution if you folks do decide to open such a topic; having been in on a lot of these 'post-shift' unwindings, I know they can get a little - well, you know!:whistling :brows: Since these are all 'family oriented forums, I'd hate for any of you to get :bash: or :censored: by the :evil: moderators!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom