The Hot Dog Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
Ok.....let it all hang out.......what do you like as toppings?....How do ya like them cooked?..Favorite Dog Restaurant? or Cart?....Favorite Brand? How often do you eat them? Favorite bun? How many do you eat in a sitting or standing?...How much do you pay for them? We are not talking about polish sausage or italian sausages or german sausages.....just the All American Hot Dog.

Ok...I go first. I like mustard and relish on a steamed Koegles Vienna natural casing dog and bun. I usually eat two to three of these. Favorite Coney Restaurant is here........

http://www.merit.edu/~jimmoran/detphot/coney.html

with chili and melted cheese whiz.
as far as brands i have to go with
hebrew national. as far as buns
go... doesn't matter

i like buffalo (really bison) hot dogs, especially the hot smokies from hillside famrs in telford, pa. (go to www.hillsidefarms.biz )
i like 'em boiled until the skin cracks, then you can peel it off. sometimes i like 'em grilled afterwards on the george foreman thing, on toasted buns.
if i have to eat a regular dog, i like sabretts skinless, boiled on a steamed bun.
for toppings, i like gulden's or coleman's mustard, sauerkraut, sabretts onion sauce, baked beans, chilli, pickled hot peppers, home fries, and cheese, in various combinations.

I like chili, cheese, sweet pickle relish, musterd, ketchup, & mayo. I usually just buy Ball Park all beef. I have 2 favorite places to get hot dogs, the first is Hot Diggity Dog's & the second is Joe's. They are both just small local places. I usually eat 2 plus frenchfries. If I don't have the fries I can eat 3 or 4, just depends on how hungry I am.

We don't have a good place to buy a prepared hot dog where I live. I drive 100 miles round trip and buy them from a small rural butcher shop. I'm not fussy on the bun as long as it isn't dried out and isn't too big - don't like it when the hot dog gets lost in the bun. The hot dogs I buy do have a good taste, so I don't bury them in a lot of condiments - typically just a little mustard, occasionally cheese. Wife puts raw onions on hers.

Don't care much for hot dogs except at baseball games, and with yellow mustard only. But....when I lived in Chicago there was a guy who had a stand on the corner who made great hot dogs served on poppyseed bun with mustard, relish, cucumber, sweet Italian peppers, celery salt, and a few other things that I forget. He also made good burgers.

Ketchup on hot dogs is illegal except for minors, isn't it?

Any hotdog with this stuff>
chowgrp.jpg

there's a place in north joisey, along rte. 21 that deep fries their dogs, called rutt's hut. you can see it from the highway but it's one of those places you can't get to from here. the dogs are called rippers 'cause the skin tears from frying. topped with texas weiner sauce, they're really tasty but deadly to your digestion.

Costco has a great hot dog in the take out window. Just mustard and relish,please.

I think I shall stay out of this conversation. I feel the same about hot dogs and I do Spam. My order would be: toast the bun, add wasabi mayo, onions, ketchup, cheese, & chilli and hold the dog.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

When I first moved to California, there was a restaurant called The Great Hot Dog Experience. They had Chimi-Chili Dogs. MMMMMM..... hog dog with chili and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla and deep fried!!!!! *drool*

Back
Top Bottom