Terrific Tuesday dinner plans anyone? 8/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
yesterday HarborWitch wrote:We've got to take the last load from the garage to storage. Then I think it's home for a salad topped with sliced grilled steak and blue cheese dressing, some sourdough bread, and maybe some lovely melon. :)
Thanks very much for letting me know what my dinner idea will be for tonight.
I really didn't know but that's why I adore these threads. Gives me ideas that otherwise I may be stymied about:cool:

I have everything needed for a wonderful steak salad. Plus, I have tons from last night if hubby wants to add to his salad plate!

Enjoy your day,
Susie
Okay, never mind that idea. I'm watching Giada De and she's making chicken picada. so, so am I.....I'll do that while watching my DVD of 4 handsome men sing to me, they always inspire me to do whatever......I have all the ingredients for it too. Gosh, my house is full of food...........

Last edited:
I was going to make a whole roasted chicken with lots of herbs and spices but... Paul just invited me to go to lunch with him so... we'll have a big lunch and just have leftovers for dinner. Pasta from last night. It was wonderful.

I have something interesting going on. I made up a huge batch of my cousin's New Mexico Green Chili and will be taking it to a friend's house to meet a man from what used to be the Belgian Congo (I think it is two countries now and can't remember which one he is from). I'm practicing the few words of French I know. Another friend will bring fajitas. Do Franco/African people like Southwestern cuisine? We will find out!

crewsk, you can use the procedure mentioned in a post last week. Turn an aluminum pan upside down and lay the steak, chops, etc on it. It will thaw quite soon. I've thawed my pork chops and am marinating them now. I may cook them on the grill. I also have some asparagus, but don't know what else. I made a rather rustic pizza for lunch - all fresh ingredients. It was good, but not as good as one of the really rich ones (but better for us).

I'm taking the easy way out, so I bought a rotisserie chicken to bake later, and some taters and other veggie.

Last night turned out to be really crazy. I combined two recipes, sort of, and added to them both.

First course: Carmelized pearl onions with scallops and shrimp in cream with apple jelly and applewood smoked bacon bits.

Main: Bacon wrapped fillet, veggie. and sourdough french bread.
Splurged on a wonderful bottle of Del Bastardo (from trader joes).

Dessert: Nap on the couch until bedtime. :sleep: :)

I came here for ideas and I'm glad I did. I missed the post last week that Licia mentioned.

Turn an aluminum pan upside down and lay the steak, chops, etc on it. It will thaw quite soon

I'm heading down to get chicken out of the freezer and try it out. Thanks!:)

I did some searching.......I knew I wanted some shrimp and steak so I did some searching and found some recipes that sounded wonderful..........I'll end up tweeking them to our taste.

We'll start out with grilled shrimp with a spicy tomato horseradish dip (bobby flay).....then grilled Ribeyes with Garlic Butter (Sara Moulton), Sour Cream & Chive Mashed potatoes (mine), Corn grilled in its husk and fresh fruit.

Wow Sizzlin - your dinner sounds great!

we are having BLTs with big fat homegrown tomatoes and then maybe a trip to Graeters for ice cream. Coconut chip is the flavor of the month and I'm craving it!

We are having simple tomato salad,some grilled chicken breasts with strawberry salsa,some rice cooked in chicken stock then has sauteed onion and garlic added,salt and pepper and some butter.No dessert, there are at least 5 different ice creams in the freezer, so that will have to do:LOL:

kadesma

Jan, I don't remember who posted that, but there were several posts on the same information. I'd seen it before, but hadn't remembered it. Anything to speed up dinner!

Stomboli with Mozzarella, Provolone, hot pepper cheese, Capicola ham, all-meat bologna, pepperoni, salami, onion, bell pepper and frozen Italian bread dough

We're going to have the tacos that we WERE going to have last night.
Kim was craving Maid Rites last night, so he cooked up the whole big package of ground chuck, along with some onions, saved out half, and steamed the other half for the Maid Rites. They were so good.
Now all we have to do is simmer the ground beef with the sauce and seasonings, add the refried beans, and heat. Then I'll chunk up the avacados to go with the homemade salsa I made the other night, and get out the accoutrements.

I'm half color-blind ... I can't read half of the original post .... those cute pastel colors just fade into the background ....

I'm having baked country style pork ribs (just seasoned with salt and pepper) - some mashed boiled turnips with plenty of butter and S&P - a baked sweet potato with plenty of butter and S&P .... and some buttermilk cornbread.

Tomorrow ... I might make shrimp and okra gumbo ... I just need to go buy some rice ...

Nothing wrong with beef and bean burritos Bangbang .... that's how most of my "left over for more than two days" chili winds up ...

Run Out ... butter beans, smoked ham hocks, and cornbread ... probably going to be on my plate this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom