Dinner tonight August 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan

Assistant Cook
All,
I will attempt to replicate a sandwich from a local restaurant (Sweet water tavern)
Grilled chicken breast with champaign vinaigrette, roasted bell peppers, arugula, and Havarti cheese all on Ice Box bread

I will be using grilled sourdough, I have no idea where to find Ice box bread.

I will let you know how it turns out

Dan

Not Sure

Sent My Hubby To The Store Today See What He Brings
Home.

Starting To Jog Again So I Hope He Gets Something Good For
Us. Chicken Breast And Rice Maybe Or Chicken Tossed Salad

Dan, can I come for dinner? It sounds yummy.

I'm working tonight so will have to eat whatever is prepared at work :rolleyes: . I am not sure what I will leave here for the DH and chilluns. Could be leftover night for them. Heeheehee!

You have a horrable job that makes you work at night?
I did that (shift work) for five years, was killing me.
Of corse you can come, I hope it will be better than whats in the snack machine.
Dan

Its not the overnight shift (Thank heavens!!) its the 1500 - 2300 shift. Its pretty fun actually, I'm going to take the kiddos to play softball tonight. HOWEVER...the food is not always lovely. Hoping since the cook just got back from vacation things will be yummy. Its been tasty for the last week or so, hoping it STAYS that way!

Don't know what it will be yet, but it's shrimp something or another (where's Bubba Gump when you need him):rolleyes: Sis thawed out 5lbs of nice gulf shrimp yesterday and her BF steamed them with Old Bay seasoning (he did a great job BTW they were perfect). She sent us home with 2lb, raw on ice.:)

Dinner update, Mom and Pop just got back from thier shore home and gave me 5 steamed crabs. Looks like the makings for a nice jambalaya or gumbo:chef:

We haven't red meat in awhile so I bought 2 small filets today. We'll have broccoli and cheese stuffed potatos and a nice crisp green salad w/rolls. I even went by the bakery and bought 2 pieces of peach pie.

Could this meal get any heavier...the heat and humidity must have gotten to me. :rolleyes:

The fridge is full of leftovers from the Friday night pizzeria fest, smoked ribs from Saturday and rigatoni from yesterday. It was all part of my greater, evil plan.

DH's golf night so angel hair with pesto for me ... He's not a huge pasta fan so Monday's are my noodle nights :) .

My girlfriend just got back from a trip to Minnesota to see her kids, and brought back some lovely produce from her father-in-law's garden. We're going to have green beans with new potatoes and bacon, fried zucchini, and BLT's.

Since I made a stir fry with rice this past week, they're getting combined and added to, and fried rice is order of the night.

Getting home after 11 p.m. would probably kill me! My mother always said I started getting stupid long about 3 p.m. Most nights I never see 11.

I just made a hamburger. I slow cooked in oil a fine diced Habanero Whist I coarse ground in the food processer some chunks of Newyork Sirloin. I salted the ground beef and added the minced Habanero and formed the burger. I made some Mango Salsa from a Mango, Red bell pepper, Vadailia Onion Some sugar and fresh squeezed Limes. I toasted a store bough bun and assembled. The burger was topped (and bottomed) with heaps of Mango Salsa. Yippi!!!!!

Alright for youse guys! We're having milk gravy and biscuits for dinner...both store bought. The gravy is from Southeastern Mills and doesn't have a speck of milk products in it and the biscuits are those in the package you whack on the counter and it explodes.........

Busy day today. I had all three kids for the day and I was about cooked out after breakfast and lunch.There is nothing like cleaning strained beets off the wall and floor:LOL: Thank you Miss Olivia...
So, I just put together a big sandwich..I halved a loaf of french bread, put on some mayo, mustard, layered on ham, swiss, turkey and my DH's favorite olive loaf, red onion slices, letuces that was shredded and tosssed with evoo and vinegar,tomatoes, avacado. Then I squished it down so we could get it in our mouths. We had some pasta salad I made sat. and some watermelon from the garden, some ice tea and now it's time to just relax...

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom