Cooler weather coming.. what are you having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lotsa soup.. crockpot dinners (I see Mish has started one, under the "Misc" category).. chili (never get tired of that) and lots of casseroles.

I have began digging through some older books and my recipe box (used for recipes cut from newspaper or magazines or from friends). I always think of thick creamy soups and stew, especially Lapskaus, a Norwegian stew which in Norway uses Reindeer but here i use beef and sometimes pork, and a few slices of crumbled crisp bacon, and add rutabega as an additional vegetable. I also have a wonderful recipe for a spicy lentil soup that is really thick (I use Emeril's type of boat motor on it) and full of vegetables. I also ordered a ham bone from Honeybaked ham and will use it for bean soup with several mixed beans and vegies. My alltime favorite is chili over cornbread with lots of grated cheddar and diced onions.

What a good idea, and perfect timing.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. another person after my own heart.... you like chili over corn bread? me too!!! :D I like to make corn muffins.. split down the middle and ladle chili over top. I like to make chicken and biscuits, but instead of the biscuits, I like corn muffins.. yummy!

Back
Top Bottom