Pans from stove to oven???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
What types of pans can go from the stove top to the oven. I know cast iron can but what others?

I'm growing very tierd of my T-Fal Skillet and wanting to purchase something else.

Depending on oven temperature, most pans are good up to 350-400 F.

Any SS pans that are all metal (including the handles) are OK for the oven and broiler. Non-stick pans are OK in a 350 F oven but never under the broiler.

I have used pans with wood or bakelite handles in the oven with no problem.

All my stuff is clad stainless so I just have to be careful to have a good pot holder handy. I have some Lodge handle covers for when a pan comes out of the oven.

Thanks! I like the Stainless Steel. Whats the pros and cons that you've found? Does the finish change from the flame?

No, the finish is not effected by the flames from a gas stove.

I like fully clad stainless over stainless with a disk on the bottom. All-Clad is among the best but you can get really good stuff for a lot less money. Also, you can get cosmetic seconds for a lot less.

Here's one source.

Look at the AllClad knockoffs at Costco and Sam's. Or look at the Cuisinart 3 1/2qt. sauce pan on Amazon. The latter was given almost equal "marks" as allClad by CI.

Hi Sizz,

I recently bought a Berndes (made in Germany) cast aluminum oval pan with cast aluminum handles. It's heavy-duty non-stick, thick, sleek-looking, and SO versatile. It's quite large and can fit a whole large fish, several steaks, several sunny-side up eggs, etc. I've practically retired my Tefal skillet after I got this oval pan. It can go from stove top for sauteing/browning, then straight to oven for baking, back to stove top for deglazing/making gravy, and on to the table for service!

I totally love it. Nothing sticks to it. Browns way much better than my Tefal skillet. Lighter than cast iron (another thing I love about it.) And cleaning is a breeze. I'm planning to make and serve paella in it soon.

Here's the American website though I couldn't find my oval pan in it:
http://www.berndes.com/us/products/index.php?layout=typ&t=1&k=4

Good luck with your search!

I know my 18/10 stainless steel can go from the stove top to the oven. I really like it but I got it as a set and I am having problems adding on because it doesn't seem Cuinsart (sp) makes my set any more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom