how to prepare kiwi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adnan

Cook
I just found this guide on how to prepare kiwi. I always wondered why they are so hairy, I finaly know :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• kiwi2.jpg
    kiwi2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 233
img_322343_0_410b44bf6979b2c38cfdc3b4d67f2a2c.gif

LOLOLOL!!:ROFLMAO:

Thank goodness we don't have that problem here in Australia. The fruit is always referred to as 'kiwifruit'. So there's no confusion.

Wasabi, if you are lost for words imagine how THIS Kiwi feels!!!:ermm:

Lesson time!! :rolleyes: :)

The Kiwi is New Zealands emblem...a flightless bird in danger of extinction. The people of New Zealand are known as ' Kiwi's'.
The hairy fruit that is beloved by most of the world is called.....please take note.....Kiwifruit.:chef:

Yep. Kiwifruit. Not Kiwi. No one else in the World calls Kiwifruit Kiwi other than people in the USA. We need to sort this out poste haste!!! :LOL:

Take a Kiwi, peel and slice, does not sound nice.

( whoa, Im rhyming)

Lets all make a concerted effort to right this wrong and not give our beloved hairy bird even more reason to extinguish it self.

OK???

:) :) :rolleyes:

Lynan said:
No one else in the World calls Kiwifruit Kiwi other than people in the USA.
I have never heard it being called kiwifruit. The Dutch and Germans call it kiwi (don't know about the rest of the world though...)

adnan...Kiwifruit evolved ,with the help of our horticulturists; from tiny, hard, and nearly sour Chinese Gooseberries to the fruit you know today. In New Zealand. Land of the free Kiwi's!! lolol:)

Trust me chickadee, they ARE called Kiwifruit and I for one, am amazed that our marketing people have not addressed this misconception.

Still, you will be getting out of season Kiwifruit from places like Italy and I am sure they help perpetuate the myth.:neutral:

Actually...to put things in perspective, would anyone call a Grapefruit, Grape?
Jackfruit, Jack? Passionfruit, Passion? ( well....lolol) :rolleyes:

adnan said:
I have never heard it being called kiwifruit. The Dutch and Germans call it kiwi (don't know about the rest of the world though...)

adnan is right.. only Kiwi here in G...
but Grapefruit in G is Pampelmuse, Passionfruit is Passinsfrucht but I've never heard of jackfruit...

Jackfruit is called "Jackfrüchte" in German. They are not very known here but you can buy them canned in some asian stores. Here's how big they get:

Attachments

• jackfruit.jpg
    jackfruit.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom