Call it Magic or Illusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criss Angel or David Blane

• Criss: The ULTIMATE

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • David: The Humanist extremeist!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Houdini, FTW!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • What the heck are you talking about?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
David Blane
-or-
Chris Angel

I, as a few of you may know, am into things beyond common recognizing.

Does anyone follow Blane, or C.A.'s Mindfreak show? If so, what are your thoughts....

I've seen Blaine's street magic on TV. Sometimes I'm convinced he's the devil himself. Now I'd like to know how he does even one of his tricks... Tat, do you have any of his tricks to expose?

I have seen how Blaine does the trick where it looks like he levitates right off the ground in the middle of the street. I will not ruin it for anyone, but I will say that once you know how he does it then it is really quite boring. You are better off not knowing.

I refuse to watch them because I get so aggravated that I can't figure out the trick. No rhyme nor reason to why it bothers me so much. :rolleyes:

GB said:
... once you know how he does it then it is really quite boring. You are better off not knowing.

:LOL: So his soul isn't in hock huh?

I had the same feeling about David Copperfield. I used to find him handsome, but now, everytime I see his face, I'm convinced his appearance is developing a distinctly devilish mien.

I can't belive people have voted "what are youtalking about"!?

Both are very talented at what the do as entertainers. I do feel that there is something more that is either an ancient lost art, or they are just super incredible, mind boggeling illusionists. The thing that sepperates them from Copperfield(who I have seen live on numerous ocassions) is the fact they do it on the street. No smoke and mirrors......everytime I see mindfreak, I am ALWAYS like,WOW!

Tat...the reason I voted ' what are you talking about' is because I live at the ends of the Earth and have never heard those names before!! :) :) :)

Are these people world famous?? :neutral: I dunno, just not heard of them.:rolleyes:

Lynan, no worries on the vote.

Google the names and check out whatever videos you come across for a wtf moment. These guy take magic to the next level!

they are just illusionists, even DB's levitation trick is fake, with editting and all it looks good only on TV.

that is why they are magicians/illusionists...I have seen Blaine in person. LIVE=WTF Incredible...TV=sceptisisim.

It is all about entertainment.

prada said:
they are just illusionists, even DB's levitation trick is fake, with editting and all it looks good only on TV.
The levitation trick has nothing to do with editing. I have seen it performed live and also see how it is done. It is an amazingly simple trick that anyone could do.

I prefer Lance Burton, even if I could see 3/4 of how he was doing his tricks when I was in Las Vegas because of how close, and at what angle, I was sitting. I guess, if forced to choose from the two, I would take DB, just because there's less outward MIND FREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! hype to him. He's more unassuming.

I've seen Blaine do his sleight of hand stuff in the 'early years' on the street and was impressed. The 'how long can I hold my breath' and other tricks of that nature are of no interest to me.

I have not seen the other guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom