Introduction from TexanFrench

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexanFrench

Senior Cook
Good morning! I've been "lurking" on this site for months, joined a few weeks ago, and am now taking the time to introduce myself.

Kitchen-wise, I'm a home cook of several decades experience. Cooking background: my mother was a teacher/nutritionist for a cooking school when she got her kids out of the nest, and my aunt/godmother was president of the Herb Society of America for many years. I learned from them!

Unfortunately, both of these wonderful people have now passed on, and I miss the "cooking chat" sessions we used to share. That's why I joined you folks.

Outside the kitchen, I'm a high school teacher--English Literature and beginning French. My Discuss Cooking username is a nickname from my students.

I check the forums before and after school--so it may take me a while to respond sometimes.

And that's about it. Glad to be here!

:chef:

welcome texanfrench.

do you speak french with a texas drawl?

lol, que sarah sarah, mon-sewer.

just kidding. (as you can tell, i habla no french)

hope you enjoy it here...

Welcome to DC TexasFrench,
Glad you've found us and hope to hear more about what you learned from your mom and your aunt.

kadesma:)

Welcome TexasFrench!

I have an old cookbook with Home Economic Teachers' Favorites....maybe your mom has a recipe in it.:)

Well, Bucky, in my classes we translate "vous" (the formal/plural form of you) as "y'all." Goes into all our verb conjugations!

I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Hi TexanFrench! It's great having you here. I haven't been here for very long, but I'm so glad a friend recommended DC to me. It's filled with good cooks and nice people. Hope you enjoy your stay! :chef:

1.gif

Back
Top Bottom