Its October 1st! Are you making dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I can't believe the year is scooching by so quickly. :huh: Gosh as I recall, yesterday was Valentines Day.:wacko:

So tonight, my dinner plans are to eat something. I'd love SuzyQ's recipe for that apple dessert, hint hint. Just googled and found this one, so here's the link.
http://www.recipezaar.com/43115
Also, I'll just read what everyone is having and plan from their ideas. Well, update. Just watched Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee. She did a 5 hour brisket, Texas style, and for dessert she did a red velvet/cream cheese bar. It's time to go to the market and seek out the meat.

Happy Sunday to you.........

Last edited:
Think maybe a pot roast w/potatoes, onions, carrots,- crusty sour dough bread and Chocolate cake w/crm cheese frosting ! lol--- Or, BLT's and leftover spagetti salad- :wacko:

Leftover roast beef and gravy. I'll make some mashed potatoes and heat up the rest of the green bean casserole. Yeah. :rolleyes:

I have some chicken breasts marinating in .......EVOO, Red Onion, Chopped Garlic, Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Dried Oregano, Cumin, Curry Powder, Mexene Chili Powder, Paprika, Cilantro, Fresh Lime and Lemon Juice and Orange Juice..........plus a bit of Tequilla. Its my take on Barefoot Contessa's Tequilla Lime Chicken. I'm going to grill it.

For the sides I'm making homemade seasoned fries that I'll bake. I'll season those up with some Kosher Salt, Freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, Mexene Chili Powder and Paprika.

I also made a batch of homemade Black Bean Salad. Oh and Fresh Salsa I made yesterday...we'll have tortilla chips with that. And finally......lemonade to wash it down.

Last edited:
The Slow Food (Northern New Jersey Convivium) is coming over here for a Dinner meeting, so I'm serving Grench Slow food..... there;s a lot of that, but tonight it''' be Coq au Vin with buttered noodles, and a Vigneron's Compote for dessert. turns out to be a great choice since today is cold and rainy....

I love soups and stews on cold, cr*ppy days! I'm sharing a bottle of 99 Pinot Noir from Vision Cellars... my favorite US winemaker... :)

Well, you see, I lost my mind yesterday while grocery shopping and came home with a prime rib:ohmy: So,we are having prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, baby artichokes, vanilla glazed carrots,sauteed mushrooms, rolls, a tomato salad with basil, slices of mozzarella, avocado and red onion rings, starters, shrimp cocktail and a white cake that I added some apricot necter to along with eggs, stiffly beaten whites, oil and we will see what turns up from that, plan to top with an apricot necter and powdered sugar glaze..
have the garlic and cream going already to add later to potatoes..Cake is in oven, and I'm here to visit a little..Happy Sunday:)

kadesma

LEFSElover said:
I can't believe the year is scooching by so quickly. :huh: Gosh as I recall, yesterday was Valentines Day.:wacko:

So tonight, my dinner plans are to eat something. I'd love SuzyQ's recipe for that apple dessert, hint hint. Also, I'll just read what everyone is having and plan from there.

Happy Sunday to you.........
Thats funny LEFSElover, " my plans are to eat something" :LOL:

My plans are to make spaghetti bolognese, easy peasy.

That settles it, I'm going to kadesma every Sunday for dinner!

amber said:

by far, hands down, my favorite food on the face of this earth. Spaghetti Bolognese. How do you make your Amber? I use the slow, cook for hours, method:wacko:

amber said:
As soon as I saw this thread, I thought- oooh, it's Sunday! I wonder what kadesma is making!:LOL:

I don't know what's on the menu tonight. dh is working and lately it's been too crazy (when he's working) to eat anything more than a bowl of cereal after the kids are in bed. I do have to go to the store to get some stuff today, maybe the inspiration will strike. Yeah, right. :LOL:

amber said:

I think we all are ! Makes my dinner look like pbj sammies !

You all want to jump in the car, bus or plane and come here? But, no more putting down what you're making for dinner! I told you I'd lost my mind when I went shopping yesterday:LOL: Gee, how can a mom with little kids, a busy husband, or a wife with a DH who has to be called out on sunday's or any of you with fast busy lives fool around on sunday the way I get to do. You all put good tasting, good looking meals on the table day after day and I have to confess, many of the things I've picked up and learned, didn't come from any cookbook, they came from all of YOU!!!! So my friends, come have dinner with us and then I can learn even more from you..:) Thank all of you for being so giving.
kadesma

We're invited out for Spaghetti and meat balls. I'm bringing the hors d. Others are bringing salad and dessert and wine. Should be fun. My friend makes killer meatballs and sauce.

In the mood for beer butt...er, beer can chicken on the outside grill. We've being treated to some Indian Summer-like weather, so am taking the opportunity to enjoy it. Haven't decided what to have as a side. Potato salad might be nice. I've got some nice russets.

How the time flies - I can't believe it is already October 1st. My girlfriend Sandy and I am going for some Mexican food down at the Marina. The restaurant is great and while you are eating you are over looking the channel and the boats that are docked there.

LEFSElover said:
by far, hands down, my favorite food on the face of this earth. Spaghetti Bolognese. How do you make your Amber? I use the slow, cook for hours, method:wacko:

I let my sauce cook for a few hours too on the stove (dont have a slow-cooker). I'll put my recipe in the pasta forum for you. It's nothing special, I'm sure there are many other varieties out there that are better, but we like it.

chili for lunch instead of dinner. jake was ecstatic saying my chili was quite possibly most perfect meal he has consumed before..... he complimented me for hrs. & was grunting with appreciation as he dined.:LOL:

dinner is snacks probably. got cheese & saltines & other items for snacking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom