ISO White Pizza Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I googled white pizza's and did not find anything to my liking. I am interested in seeing any type of white pizza instructions. Am especially interested in recipes that use ricotta cheese (surprise:wacko: ), but also would like to see all variations on white pizza...got any?

Thanks Connie, I liked the looks of three of 'em, just what I was looking for. Usually I shy away from the food network cause it takes an eternity to change screens on that site,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but I suffered through it!!

Beth,
I know you are looking for white pizza, but, I was wondering if you had ever tried this? I make the crust, put it on my pan, then I add slices of my favorite cheese, asiago, or fontina, on this I put sauteed mushrooms to which I've added some minced garlic, some fresh chopped thyme and a little freshly chopped parsley..I sautee the mushrooms and seasonings in evoo..Put this on top of the cheese bake about 10 min and when I take it out, I drizzle it with a little more evoo and sprinkle it with salt and some pepper. No marinara or red sauce, just the mushrooms, cheese and seasonings..I love it...
kadesma:)

Hi, Beth - I make this for Dh all the time; he's not real fond of tomato sauce.

Use whatever dough you like, place it on the pizza pan. For a 12-inch round, I use about 1-1/2 cups ricotta, mixed with: minced garlic, about 1 T. olive oil, salt/pepper, dried oregano and crushed fennel seeds, and maybe 1/4 cup grated parm. Then I 'sprinkle' about 2 T olive oil on the dough, then plop the ricotta by spoonfuls around the dough. I don't spread it out much, just leave in 'clumps' on the dough. Then I add 'shrooms, spinach (when available!) or broccoli crowns, thin sliced red onion. Another little drizzle of olive oil, and then shredded mozz and a hearty sprinkle of parm on top. Bake at 425 for about 15-17 minutes, til crust is GBD (golden brown and delicious)!

Kadesma, I think your recipe will work quite well for my needs, thank you!

Marmaldy, this is very similar to the two pizzas I just made over the weekend, but I was using up some pizza sauce, under the ricotta cheese. When I went to add the ricotta cheese, it looked so plain that I stirred in some oregano, italian spice blend and some parmesan cheese. I had also sauteed some onions, green peppers, garlic and some smoked summer beef sausage. I also just added the cheese in clumps, actually would not spread out easily! I went a little heavy on the parmesan cheese, for flavor and the fact I was not adding any mozz cheese. They turned out very well, so next time I will try these suggestions for pizza sans tomato sauce.
This was not a good year for tomatoes for me, but was an excellent year for ricotta cheese! I LOVE home made pizza!

Love this thread! years ago, I used to do a White Clam Pizza that the family just loved.

Saute up onion slices and garlic just till tender but not browned.
Sprinkle the pizza round with fontina cheese and top with the onion mixture. Bake this for ~20 min. Then sprinkle chopped clams over the top and a little more cheese; bake just till clams are heated thru and crust in nicely browned.

I also remember doing a shrimp pizza with, I'm sure Ricotta, but I can't for the life of me remember what else was on it...

The seafood pizza I make is usually made 'white'. With your crust recipe, or one from any site, it's easy to make a white pizza.

Add a drizzle of olive oil to the crust.

Add one egg for each pound of ricotta you use. It helps prevent weeping.
Add freshly chopped parsley to the ricotta.

I prefer to dollop it onto the crust, but some prefer to spread it. Your choice.

Mozzarella on top, followed by a sprinkling of grated romano.

Any other toppings are your choice.

bethzaring said:
Usually I shy away from the food network cause it takes an eternity to change screens on that site,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but I suffered through it!!

I AGREE!!! It happens to me as well and I have a high speed connection... a while back I wrote to their technical department and pointed this out, and that for THAT reason alone I was frequenting other sites a lot more... they have flooded that site so much with external ads and links that pull in from hundreds of other sites as you load one of their pages that all these connections are hindering the main sites performance. I wonder if enough people have contacted them directly to point this out to them, maybe they can address the issue.

Beth, any variations of pizza that comes without tomato based sauce is a white pizza, and possibilities a limitless!! Lay down the toppings of your choice, then sprinkle pizza herb mix (or oregano+basil+majoram+a little crushed red pepper), salt, and drizzle a good quality EVOO. A few of my favourite combinations are:

-Pumpkin flowers, anchovy fillets and mozzarella
-Porcini or regular champignons (white button mushrooms), flat leaved parsley, mozzarella
-sautèed radicchio and onions, sliced speck and smoked scamorza
-shredded onions and bell peppers with olive slices and capers (cheeseless)
-thinly sliced potatoes, garlic and rosemary (with or without cheese)

Most browsers have an option to load only images from the hosting site. Or turn them off entirely. Setting that option before visiting the food network might improve your browsing experience. Then reset the setting after you're done.

thymeless

Seven S said:
I AGREE!!! It happens to me as well and I have a high speed connection...

Now that's interesting, I just assumed it was my dial up connection.

Thanks yall for the ideas, from someone who has never seen nor tasted a white pizza:ohmy:, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your recipes!

Back
Top Bottom