New member and looking for a new gas slide in range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krishelle

Assistant Cook
Hi!

I just joined, because I love to cook, and am now looking for a new slide in range and hood vent (currently have a Jennair slide in - non-convection, small oven and above-stoev microwave and fan which now only works when the door is open. I am looking for a great duel fuel range and great hood vent. My hood vent of choice is the Broan Rangemaster 500 CFM with variable speeds and optional backsplash.

I am stymied, however, on the range. The Jennair slide-in dual fuel looks great, but I have had my problems with Jennair / Maytag (other appliances). Should I go for Wolf, and not worry about the price? The cooktop is my prime concern - I don't really bake much, and have a gas (plumbed-in) bar-b-que. Decisions, decisions! Anyone can help? :huh:

Welcome to the group!

Don't worry... while I can't help you some one who can will come by and give you some advice.

Welcome!! Wish I could give a recommendation on the unit, but since I have had the same old electric stove/oven for over 11 years (and it was pushing it then); I have no idea what is out there now.

Welcome! You will like it here. I wish I had advice for you but I am in the same boat, somewhat, as you. I look forward to the posts on this thread.

I am so glad I found this community! Hopefully you can help me out with my decision.

Hmmmm..... was just talking to a friend who is a fabulous cook, and has an all gas stove at her summer place. She swears by the gas oven for roasts etc. Should I consider all gas, not dual fuel? I don't do a lot of baking (some bread and cookies only) but do roasts, birds, and tons of stove top saute's, wok, etc. Lots of mediterranean, Thai, etc. Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom