Tex-Mex Stew, Goodweed Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I think this would qualify as ethnic as all of the ingredients come from the Americas. My wife wanted hamburger soup, so I thawed a lb. of ground beef. I browned it and seperated it into equal portions. I made her the soup, which she loved.

While her soup was cooking, I cut a green tomato into a half-inch dice, added 1/4 onion, again diced, 1/4 cup whole kernal corn (from frozen), 1/2 cup frozeen peas, 1 fresh hungarian pepper, coarsely chopped, that had ripened to a deep red on the plant in front of my window, 1/4 tsp. coriander, 1/4 tsp. cummin, and a cup of mixed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. Salt lightly and seasoned with 1 tsp. each chicken and beef soup base. Cooked until all veggies were lightly crunchy. I then add 1/2 cup of water, two splashes of Tobasco, original flavor, and 1/4 cup masa flour to thicken and add flavor. Cooked it all for another 5 minutes to cook the masa flour.

I'm telling you that this came out fantastic. The flavor was outstaning, as was the texture. The masa flour and fresh pepper made all the difference in what could have been an ordinary supper.

Felt I had to share this one as it tasted so yummy. I think you could substitue diced beef or chicken and it would still be great.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You forgot to send my invitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy another helping for me!!!! Sounds totally yummy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom