new E. coli warning on lettuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw a piece on our 5 p.m. news (Central Time) about the Foxy lettuce. The report said that only about 300 cases of lettuce were sent to stores before the situation was discovered. Most or all of the cases went to stores on the west coast, so those of us here and on the east coast are most likely not going to have to worry. Time, of course, will tell. Further reinforces my love for chocolate.:LOL:

I heard about the lettuce on the news this morning. I also heard that packaged ground beef patties (not sure what brand, or where) had been recalled and also bottled carrott juice (the non-pasteurized variety).

The ground beef only goes to like seven states or so.
It's an Iowa company. Someone's name is in it.
I don't remember the other details. But it doesn't come to Illinois, because I had to look it up last night so my dad would know what to expect with business today.

looks like the whole "eat your veggies" campaign is going down the tubes.........with the exception of all the other veggies I guess.

For those who wish to keep an eye on food recalls - there are two sites you want to pay attention to for recall notices: FDA (non-meat products) and USDA (meat, poultry and egg products).

Back
Top Bottom