Dinner: Wednesday 11th, Oct.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
So.... what`s Coooking good looking? :chef:

tonight here we`re having steak done in onions, garlic, ginger, chili and beer (it`s a tough cut), with garlic mushrooms and vegetable rice.

That sounds like a great way to cook a steak!

I can't believe it's only Wednesday! It feels like it should be at least Thursday.:rolleyes: We're doing hamburgers, on the grill as long as the rain holds out, oven roasted red potatoes and salad.

I was thinking it felt like later in the week too.

We had lunch instead of supper again. I made a sort of giant calzone (sp?) with wholewheat flour stuffed with softened onions, cubed bacon, broccoli and cheese and served it with a green salad. The aim was to use up the broccoli and bacon pieces and my sister turned up unexpectedly so we needed to make it go a long way.

It was ok. The wholemeal flour turned in into something I normally eat in Glastonbury but the bacon relaxed its wholesomeness a bit!

Still recovering my energy here so it will be something easy. Maybe sweet and tangy chicken thighs, or chicken cacciatore.

hubby is making stew today i gave him a quick lesson this morning before
i left for work i am sure it will be great. he is also going to make bread.

i would bet egg bread.

i love stew going to windy and cold tonight

rickell said:
hubby is making stew today i gave him a quick lesson this morning before
i left for work i am sure it will be great. he is also going to make bread.

i would bet egg bread.

i love stew going to windy and cold tonight

I came close to making a stew today too. After hitting my freezer, with my temperamental mom coming tonight to eat with us, I decided on italian sausages, bl/sl/chix breasts/new york steak, and came up with Crock pot jambalaya. the recipes were from a conglomeration of recipes from the computer with the basics all being the same. for the chix broth as called for or water, I'm using Camp Bean/w/bacon soup. red//green//yellow peppers, onions/garlic/carrots/toms over steamed rice. I'm WW'ing as of yesterday and see I can have this, small amount, over rice, for 6 points plus the rice points. green salad fat free dressing for me [the usual for them] will cap the meal with crusty hot bread with butter for the DM and the DH.

Another vote for chicken. We're having chicken Italiano on linguine. There's a baguette in the freezer, so will garlic it up to have with the chickie. Started sunny here, but now it's become cloudy and a bit breezy. There's a cold front coming.

lol, that's such a bizarre member name, yt2095, especially to hear it in the third person.
i guess you have to know ham ops to get used to it.

dw just called and said she might come into the city with my boy to meet me for dinner since i have to work 'till 11pm.

she wants to go to our new favourite italian place: http://puttanescanyc.com/media/puttanesca.html,

but it's a little too nice for a 2 1/2 year old hurricane.

i'm jonesin' for the bufala mozz, insalata tri-colore, bruschetta di polpo, and just about every entree.

if not, we, or i, may go to the little thai place across the street.

I'm poaching chicken thighs in stock but I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. :unsure:

Half Baked said:
I'm poaching chicken thighs in stock but I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. :unsure:

slice them up on the diagonal pour over melted garlic butter and herbs, a nice stack of rice and a few roasted peppers might work :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom