Cookie Sheet that won't warp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently saw an advertisement for silicone ones. Silicone bakeware seems to be the latest thing, in Germany.
U can get silicone baking sheets, for cookies, which u use, wash and reuse.
Otherwise u could use a sheet of foil, instead of a paper cookie sheet.

Mel

My layered pan's non-stick coating IMMEDIATELY flaked off. I also did not find it did any better job of not burning cookies, etc. than putting two cookie sheets together.
I have heavy aluminum cookie sheets fromCostco that do not bend in high heat. The sheet just must be a heavier gauge than the supermarket variety, in my opinion.
Are you trying to use it for roasting?

Well over the weekend I roasted tomatos. I've also made cookies and it warped.
I was out and about today and saw 3 pans and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. I got 2 anolon sure grip muffin pans. Does anyone have anolon bakeware ? I also saw Chicago Metallic bakeware and Cuisinart Chef's Classic non stick which was the heaviest and the cheapest.
Any thoughts ?

My layered pan's non-stick coating IMMEDIATELY flaked off. I also did not find it did any better job of not burning cookies, etc. than putting two cookie sheets together.
I have heavy aluminum cookie sheets fromCostco that do not bend in high heat. The sheet just must be a heavier gauge than the supermarket variety, in my opinion.
Are you trying to use it for roasting?

Just bite the bullet and buy good quality sheets at Williams Sonoma. They don't warp, and given how central they are to baking, and given that they pretty much last indefinitely, it's nuts to skimp on them.

And avoid non stick pans: they're not all that effective, they're more expensive, and even the good quality ones overbrown. If you want non stick, do things the right way and use parchment, or better yet, a silpat.

Michelemarie said:
I always use my stones - they beat the pants off any cookie sheet I have ever used!

Now theres a fight that would be interesting to watch. :LOL: I like stoneware too. It works better than any conventional cookware.

Maybe, maybe not.
If my crappy school can afford to buy a bunch of them for my class, then it cant be too bad.

vilasman said:
Stone ware is exspensive isn't?

The Pampered Chef stuff is pretty pricey. You can find it other places for a more reasonable price though. I have to say, its worth its weight. I noticed our local safeway has pizza stones on for $8. I might have to get another one.

We have aluminum 1/2, 1/4 and various sized pizza pans made by Amarican Metalcraft INC.

Bought them at a restaurant supply store at reasonable prices.

When used for baking they're naturally nonstick and the bottoms of your baked goods will not burn like when using the old thin nonstick steel cookie sheets many of used in the past.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom