Externship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
saw guy i'd asked 'bout my chef extern for awhile ago. he had left me a few msgs. & then saw him tonite- he said meet him later for drinks at his restaurant.:w00t:

Last edited:
Externship? So this means a permanent job? I've never heard of externships, only internships. I hope his idea of meeting him for drinks at his restaurant means coffee or tea! I dont think it sets a good premise for a job to drink during an interview, JMO.

nah, i figure he means drinks. many interviews are kinda different when you are professional chefs. & plenty of externs are eventually your career. we may see with mine? details later?

Last edited:
thanks! waiting for later! my stomach is churning. what to say & what to get?

A nice glass of wine to sip on would be ok if he was doing the same IMHO. A Long Island Iced Tea may be pushing it :ROFLMAO:

Good luck luvs!

luvs said:
nah, i figure he means drinks. many interviews are kinda different when you are professional chefs. & plenty of externs are eventually your career. we may see with mine? details later?

Why did you edit four times then? :) J/K Have a great time and enjoy yourself. I hope he cooks up some delicious foods to nibble on while you chat.

i re-do my messages rather often.
thanks others. meeting him soon.

Last edited:
we met after closing. we drank & spoke & we shall probably see. he asked me to apply & i said let's wait. :)

awwwwww, he is a great-kinda guy! i would probably love to work for him. he gave me drinks, we spoke, & he said get an application.:) i appreciate his manner. i shall probably apply later.

Do you think you "put him off" though by not filling out an application? You're not playing the game "he'll want what he can't get" are you? You can do that in some situations but not in a job situation - no employer plays that game. I'm just curious what made you not fill one out.

nah, 'twas kinda late & we were speaking before he offered me work- externship is later after my schooling.

Luvs - are you still in culinary school or taking break right now. I thought the whole purpose of the meeting last night was a "job interview". Isn't an externship something you do while going to school? Otherwise it would be called "a job", right? Aren't you required to do this externship....isn't it part of your schooling - requirement for graduation?

...maybe I missed where you said you were taking a break.

Externships doesn't ring a bell with me. I have only heard of Internships.

Sorry that you are upset and I didn't realize that he was talking about after you finished your schooling.

Have a fun day - go out and do something and it will take your mind off the meeting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom