Search Parameter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sigma Man

Assistant Cook
I would guess that the answer to my question is already here somewhere, but I have been unable to find it. When you perform a search, how do you instruct the search engine to only return results that contain ALL the words specified in the search?

Thanks

Sigma Man

If I am not mistaken, once you click on search, there is an Advanced Search feature. The advanced feature will allow you to search by key words, the original poster, thread topic, date availability and a few other options.

Hope this helps.

As I recall, you string the words together with plus signs, no spaces.

thymeless

Use Google's advanced search.

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

Use the all box for the terms you want to search for.

Then set the Domain to Only (should be the default) from the dropdown list and enter www.discusscooking.com in the text box on that same line.

Note the text in the results search field. You can shortcut the process with the "site:"command, but that's a bit arcane to describe.

thymeless

Humm .... Sigma Man ... what were you searching for? Maybe if I know what you were looking for I can tell you how to find it.

Michael, I thought that I responded to your offer of assistance, but I see that I did not. I am not looking for only a single subject. At times, I want to find references about a subject that returns too many items if the search only includes one word, but I have not found a way to include multiple words that must all be matched.

Thanks

Sigma Man

Back
Top Bottom