Dinner, Monday Nov. 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not cooking tonight- its Monday ! Going out to celebrate friends Birthday, gotta make a chocolate chip, walnut biscotti for her! :-p

I'm making salmon patties tonight. Funny thing, for years, my husband claimed he hated salmon patties, so I didn't fix them. I finally got a big craving, and went ahead and made myself some one night, and he loved them.
I think I'll make some creamed peas to go with...and maybe some oven roasted potatoes.

Will be having several of the kids and grandkids for supper tonight. Have been asked for my meatloaf with the roasted peppers and capers, some mashed potatoes, biscuits,butter and honey, picked up some asparagus and will do a simple butter lettuce pears and crumbled feta with toasted walnuts salad. Dessert just some chocolate chip cookies and ice cream..

kadesma

smoked a chicken yesterday i will use the chicken tonight and make
a pot pie and mashed potatoes, and i think peas.

Constance said:
I'm making salmon patties tonight. Funny thing, for years, my husband claimed he hated salmon patties, so I didn't fix them. I finally got a big craving, and went ahead and made myself some one night, and he loved them.
I think I'll make some creamed peas to go with...and maybe some oven roasted potatoes.

My husband loves salmon patties. His mom used to make them often, as they were easy enough after a long day of work. How do you do yours? Mind sharing? I have plenty of cans of salmon as well as those foil containers that they now come in. Won't be home for a few days but then, I'd love to do them for him.

Tonight, not worrying about dinner as I have Carraba's from last night to heat up when I can find a nuker.:mellow:

we`re having a plain old stew, using leftover meat bits that were frozen and end of season veg that I grew, maybe a handfull of Rice and lentils as a thickener (I`m out of spuds for now).

Porrige. Its REALLY foggy here today and I wanted something quick, warm and not bad for me. Sometimes only porrige will do. My cats are gleefully licking the bowl as i type.

Winter came early today so DH suggested 'Trahana,' a homemade pasta made out of crackwheat and fermented milk, cooked with chicken stock to keep us warm and a cabbage and carrot salad.

Tonight is shredded chicken tacos with the fixins'. They're shredded chicken on crispy shells with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and monterey jack cheese with spanish rice and Cuban black beans on the side. The beans are almost done, we're eating early, I'm so hungry!

I fixed a big steaming pot of homemade chili. We'll have sandwiches to go along with it. Salami and spicy mustard for me.....Peanut Butter for the others.....still don't get the whole peanut butter and chili thing but to each his own.

Flourgirl said:
Tonight is shredded chicken tacos with the fixins'. They're shredded chicken on crispy shells with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and monterey jack cheese with spanish rice and Cuban black beans on the side. The beans are almost done, we're eating early, I'm so hungry!
Sounds tasty Flourgirl! I do something similar, I brown the shredded chicken in a skillet then turn down the heat and squeeze lime over it and sprinkle red chile powder over the chicken. I like it really limey and spicey, so I add plenty of both. I also like sliced avocado in my tacos. Yum. Enjoy your dinner!

I have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. I'm gonna shred it up and make red chile with it. I'll brown the tenderloin, add some flour, a little cumin, garlic and red chile powder, then thin it with some of the pork broth. I'm undecided as of yet what to do with it. Frito pies again, we are big fans here? Maybe enchiladas this time. Don't know but it will be scrumptious.

I am going to make a very large salad with lots of carrots, celery, beets, mushrooms, cut up eggs, bacon bits, and use a creamy dressing that does not have a lot of calories. I may put more things in it but at this point I haven't decided what else appeals to me.

Leftover pork butt, acorn squash, and Brussels sprouts - but I made a grapefruit vinaigrette with some jarred "fresh" red grapefruit I had - it's yummy with the spinach and red onion!

lulu said:
Porrige. Its REALLY foggy here today and I wanted something quick, warm and not bad for me. Sometimes only porrige will do. My cats are gleefully licking the bowl as i type.

lulu, hope you check this thread again...what's porrige and how do you make it - if you don't mind sharing. :)

Callie, porridge is cooked oatmeal, then you can flavor it with lots of stuff. I sprinkle brown sugar on mine and pour milk in it.

Oops. Forgot to post that we had lasagna and caesar salad tonight. I'm rather proud of myself for whipping this up after I got home from work. I was bagged and crabby and I have to admit I felt better after cooking. (The wine probably helped too!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom