Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, we have a Venting thread, and heaven knows we all need that from time to time.

This one is to share the fabulous moments in our lives, or the little triumphs and joys that we just can't keep in.

Mine is from yesterday. My Great Aunt turned 100 years old. That in itself is pretty amazing, but the coolest bit of it is that she is still as sharp mentally as you could want to be. She has a better memory than I do, she keeps up with current events and world affairs and is just the sweetest lady you'd want to meet. She got a great party yesterday too. She got certificates of congratulations from the leaders of all three levels of government, AND a certificate from the Queen too. She even got recognized in a little clip on the news.

In chatting with her yesterday she mentioned that shes gone from horse and buggy to today. Pretty neat. And still able to remember it all and tell us about it.

Congratulations Alix's Great Aunt! And what a brilliant idea Alix, the positive thread is much needed to cancel out all our moanings and groanings in the other one!

This might seem a small celebration, but I would like to celebrate the people in my life. Not for anything special, but just for being who they are and for being a souce of inspiration to strive to be better than I would otherwise be. :)

YAY lulu! I'm glad you have people in your life like that. Its a wonderful blessing.

And don't get me wrong, I started that Venting thread and I think it is an important one! I don't want anyone to NOT post in there, because Venting is important and we need to support each other in there.

I just really wanted a place where we can celebrate together too. So here we have it. Lets hear from you folks!

We just found out that our daughter got into the daycare we were hoping she would get into. There were a number of schools we were looking at, but this one was by far the best. It is also, surprisingly, the least expensive. It is in our town which is a huge plus and the teachers there seem to do it out of love for the kids, not because it is just a job to them. We can't wait to see how much fun she has there.

Great idea on this thread, as well as the Venting one, Alix. You know just what we all need sometimes, and you've prepared the proper places to park it.

OK, here's mine. Took daughter to the orthodontist today, for the zillionth time. She is getting her braces off next week and is estatically happy (it's the day before we leave for NYC). Seeing her pleasure in this has given me more happiness than I expected.

It finally dawned on me today that after 44 years of marriage, 4 kids, starting and running our own business, my DH and I are taking our very first vacation..We've had a day here or there usually to get hours to keep up with what was happening in the pharmacy field and is required. But never have we gone any place since our honeymoon..I almost danced a jig in the middle of Cost Plus today when I realized next month we GO!!! We are taking a short cruise to Mexico, don't laugh now, but for us it's a biggie:LOL:

kadesma

It's about time you took sometime off away from the kitchen, kadesma (but we will need you back soonish)!

Not laughing here at all. Enjoy your cruise, and let someone else do the cooking for a change.

In the words of the group Rare Earth ~

Well, I can't be bothered with sorrow
And I can't be bothered with hate, no, no
I'm using up my time by feeling fine, every day
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Wasabi - What beautifull thoughts - I think you might have helped alot more prople than you know!!!!

Last edited:
kadesma said:
It finally dawned on me today that after 44 years of marriage, 4 kids, starting and running our own business, my DH and I are taking our very first vacation..We've had a day here or there usually to get hours to keep up with what was happening in the pharmacy field and is required. But never have we gone any place since our honeymoon..I almost danced a jig in the middle of Cost Plus today when I realized next month we GO!!! We are taking a short cruise to Mexico, don't laugh now, but for us it's a biggie:LOL:

kadesma

No laughter here kadesma!
I think it's great!!! Have fun! What ports do you stop
in? Eat drink and be HAPPPPY!!!!! :)

pdswife said:
No laughter here kadesma!
I think it's great!!! Have fun! What ports do you stop
in? Eat drink and be HAPPPPY!!!!! :)
Pds,
I have no clue where we stop, it started out with the kids going, then just built and built with me dragging my feet the whole time. While I'll jump on a plane or helicopter at a moments notice, a liner is not my idea of being safe!! Plus the minute I step foot on our boat or a friends yacht I become sea sick soooo. :LOL: I am looking forward to getting away though,and someone else feeding me sounds darn good:LOL:

kadesma

I think you deserve every minute of it and have a wonerful wonerful time:rolleyes: . You may come back with a cajillion more ways to tease our tastebuds. Have fun!

kadesma, the danged ship is so big you won't even notice you are on the water most of the time I bet.

OK, little celebration here. I took my Mom out shopping today and she picked up some cute things for my kids (can't say what as Bugs will be checking threads here!) and while we were there, she fell in love with this HUGE plush puppy dog that reminded her of a toy she had as a little girl. I bought it on the pretext that it was for one of my kids and can't wait to see her face when she opens it Christmas morning! Heeheehee!!!

I don't know if you'd call it happy or just sheer contentment sitting here with a chill in the air and a nice steaming cup of hot milk. :chef: Dinner is already made (left-overs) and I've talked to everyone today who "completes me", if that makes any sense at all :LOL: Now, about all this typing I have to do - let me venture to the Venting thread! :rolleyes:

Alix said:
kadesma, the danged ship is so big you won't even notice you are on the water most of the time I bet.

OK, little celebration here. I took my Mom out shopping today and she picked up some cute things for my kids (can't say what as Bugs will be checking threads here!) and while we were there, she fell in love with this HUGE plush puppy dog that reminded her of a toy she had as a little girl. I bought it on the pretext that it was for one of my kids and can't wait to see her face when she opens it Christmas morning! Heeheehee!!!

What a wonderful surprise Alix!!!!!

It's windy! I love watching the trees sway and bend.
A good storm always excites me.

Me too JoAnn! I can pretty much do what I want, when I want.

I've posted that I'm going to New Zealand for 6 weeks. I leave on December 5th and return January 17th. Being retired I was worrying about having some $ to spend, well, I paid my truck off, there was $285, paid my life insurance off, there was another $26, a friend sent me $200 NZ for Christmas and I got a letter in the mail from the bank that financed my truck with a check for $283 saying I'd over paid, my sister gave me $100 and I am grateful for it all. Plus, all my friends and family are in good health. I am truly blessed!

My Internet has been down for a couple of days and was pretty shaky for a few days before that...

I know it's a small celebration, but I'm glad to have it back (work bought a new router today)
228woot.gif

Also... we're getting 2 for 1 tickets to a show here in Vegas that looks pretty cool. Cavalia.

Z

Back
Top Bottom