Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very cool _ I just had a lot of my questions answered... wondering about fisher'smom (duh - I knew she was a mom - a mom of FISHER, even!) but ther's always more to the story... I'm a mom of four-leggers only, but can imagine what it must feel like to see your kid blossom, to shine, to feel good about themselves, to take another step UP... blessings to you and yours!

THE NEW LAWN TRACTOR GETS HERE SATURDAY!!!!
WOO HOO!!!!!
We have been mowing 5 acres with a push mower for the last 2 years, since the other broke. We haven't been able to fix it. Albeit it's a very NICE, self propelled pushmower, it takes 3 days to mow the lawn, and I am the primary caregiver to our yard. I don't mind, it's exersise and a tan.... and I can't hear the kids fight. :) Just takes alot out of a week!!!
It also has a snowblower and a tank attachment, so we can do fertilizer and bug stuff more easily.
The "new" one (used but new to us!) is being given to us as a gift. A friend of the family stores cars and parts in our pole barn and seems to think he doesn't pay us enough. He is undergoing cancer treatment right now, and I can't think of a single thing nice enough to do for him.
DH says I don't have to mow the lawn anymore...... bonehead.

My mom's operation this morning went well - in a stable condition in ICU (they're putting her in an induced coma for 2 days) - still waiting for the doctor to call my dad (apparently he's still operating) but it looks positive ! Looks like our prayers has been answered !

My mom's operation this morning went well - in a stable condition in ICU (they're putting her in an induced coma for 2 days) - still waiting for the doctor to call my dad (apparently he's still operating) but it looks positive ! Looks like our prayers has been answered !
Oh Tanya, I'm so relieved to hear she came through the surgery OK. Please be sure and post an update when ya'll hear from the doctor. You must be worn out after this week and I'll bet you didn't sleep much last night. I hope all the news is good and you will have a long, restful sleep tonight.

Oh Tanya, I'm so relieved to hear she came through the surgery OK. Please be sure and post an update when ya'll hear from the doctor. You must be worn out after this week and I'll bet you didn't sleep much last night. I hope all the news is good and you will have a long, restful sleep tonight.

Thanks Fisher's Mom ! Yep - it's been an exhausting week !

I'm celebrating...a little. There was still some customer work in the shop that Buck didn't finish, so I'm finishing it. I've been working on staining/finishing 4 dining room chairs and, so far, things have been going pretty well. It's tedious, dusty/dirty work, but I think I'm doing okay. I've been uttering a prayer under my breath for Buck to guide me as I work.

I'm celebrating...a little. There was still some customer work in the shop that Buck didn't finish, so I'm finishing it. I've been working on staining/finishing 4 dining room chairs and, so far, things have been going pretty well. It's tedious, dusty/dirty work, but I think I'm doing okay. I've been uttering a prayer under my breath for Buck to guide me as I work.
That's amazing, Katie. I suppose you have helped Buck in the shop many times over the years but is this the first time you've been at the helm on a customer's woodworking job? It is tedious and dirty work. I applaud you for being the wonderful mate you always were to Buck - to the end and beyond. I'm sure the chairs will be beautiful.

good for you kate,

my daughter and two granddaughters came from hemet calif. to celebrate her b'day and mine.

we had champague and strawberries and peaches with a fruit dip. she picked up del. sandwiches from subway for our lunch. we also had cake and ice cream.

much good conversation and lots of laughs. i am really a lucky woman to have such sweet kids and grandkids.

babe:D:D

Tanyak
I'm so happy you got good news,The waiting is always so hard...You all have been in my thoughts and payers. Let us know how she is doing,
kadesma

Katie you bring tears to my eyes,
I know he is with you, guiding you, appreciating your very existence.
I'm so bad with expressing myself, can't tell you how my heart breaks for you (and most everyone). TJ is my Buck, best friend, world, everything.
I celebrate having someone like that!

Sorry I've missed this thread for awhile but wanted to catch up on everyone's news... so in celebration I wanted to send these smilies....
TO:

Trish: congrats on your new job...it's been a few weeks so you're probably just easing into it.....just think what your gas bill would be now!!!

Stacy: congrats on your new job, too, hope that you are really liking it and good luck, my dear

Barbara: sometimes it takes that "flash of lightning" to spark us into action......is it possible to ask what kind of a book you are writing???? One day you'll have to write an autobiography if you aren't already.......

Miniman: glad your daughter got her cellphone back......be gad she got it back......back when cell phones first came out one of our company's wives dropped her company issued cell phones to be used only for emergencies in the pool and ended up compensating the company nearly $400......

Alix: congrats on your daughter's achievements.....I know you must have been very proud of them and hope that your youngest is running with the best of them now

Terry: Happy Late Anniversary!!! Wow 36! We're going on 34!

SQ: new lawn mower and all for you.......what a lucky girl......I used to do the lawn work at my house, and only had a front and backyard to do in the Houston swamp, heat and humidity...I can't even fathom 5 acres......enjoy :)

Babestoo: that must have been a really nice birthday with your daughter and granddaughters.......they are learning far more than you realize about touching base with all generations

Kadesma: doing a jig in the store in the middle of the afternoon? Surely you haven't been hitting the wine aisle? Jest kidding.........I'm so excited for you to be going on your first trip....you will have such a great time..........and Mexico is such a nice destination........let us know how it goes

Katie: of course you're doing a great job on those dining chairs......wished you lived closer to me.......I have a set for you to do, too.....glad to hear that you're keeping busy..

For myself, back in KZ........the weather is beautiful and I'm missing most of it cause I'm jetlagged.......oh, well, will be better in a few weeks.....hahaha!!! Hope that this has caught me up on everyone since the last time that I posted.........

Katie, they say one's sense of smell is the most prominent. So I'm sure you are getting a happy dose of memory therapy. Good for you.
Glad to hear you are up for it.

My personal little celebration is that I don't work today and can be with my girls all day long.

My mom will be here in a couple hours to take ALL 3 of my kids for a couple days!!!
She usually only takes the boys, Lego girl is a mommy's girl and would get upset in the past.
But lately when the boys go she gets upset that she was left behind, so we're giving it a whirl tonight!
DH works nights, sleeps all morning til 1pm or so.
I have NO clue what to do with all that time alone!
I'll probably clean out the junk room..... :(

:ohmy:NO kids and your gonna CLEAN!!!!:mad:shame on you!!!!
You have some time to yourself, do something you wouldnt normally be able to do:)
OR do something that I wouldnt normally be able to do and somehow I'll pay ya back, haha:LOL:
ENJOY!!!!;)

I figure cleaning the junk room is something I cant usually do because I get "help" and it ends up a zoo. I haven't done it yet so thats GOTTA be something unusual!!! :)
I might go ride my bike if its not too hot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom