Crockpot pork roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I made a cooking sauce from the internet with apple juice, marjoram, honey, vinegar and a bit of soy sauce. Maybe more things but I don't remember.

I don't like it.

Can I have some suggestions? I have oranges, apples, fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, onion/garlic....etc.

How deep should the liquid be in the crockpot?

I want to cook it overnight so I'm in a little bind here.

My No-Knead bread has been in the bowl since 4pm...yum!

Last edited:
I'm sort of a simple kind of girl. I like just a bit of soy sauce and a LOT of garlic in some red wine, beef broth or apple juice. And I think the height of the liquid depends on whether or not you want to slice the roast or have it shred. Higher if you want the shred type. Otherwise no higher than 1/3 up the roast.

I plan on slicing it. I just haven't used the crockpot in years...perhaps I should have gotten out my cookbook. :rolleyes:

LOL! Who needs a cookbook? Just do about 1 cup of broth, toss in a couple tbsps of soy sauce, smash a pile of garlic, add some s&p and you are good to go.

You are so right, Alix. I'm so tired that I couldn't spell Bob even if you spotted me an 'O'. :-p

Half Baked said:
I made a cooking sauce from the internet with apple juice, marjoram, honey, vinegar and a bit of soy sauce. Maybe more things but I don't remember.

I don't like it.

Can I have some suggestions? I have oranges, apples, fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, onion/garlic....etc.

How deep should the liquid be in the crockpot?

I want to cook it overnight so I'm in a little bind here.

My No-Knead bread has been in the bowl since 4pm...yum!
I do crock pot pork for enchilladas, pork bbq sandwiches, even tacos, my kids love the sweet one for bbq and I just start the meat with about a 1/4c.water, let it cook til morning then add some onion and garlic, brown sugar a little vinegar, to part of the meat juice in the pot. I usually have to dump a lot out or the meat just swims in there and the sauce I want is to runny for sanwiches. If making a shredded meat for mexican food I drain off all the pan juice, add sauteed onions and garlic then go ahead and make enchilladas or tacos..For the swwet you could also add some of the dried cranberries to the pot sounds like they would be good,
also, If you have some cider or apple juice, you could cook the met in the juice, then when cooked, spoon over some onions and apples that you've sauteed in butter, season with salt and pepper and maybe have some scalloped potatoes to go with it. Just a couple of ideas, hope they help.

kadesma:)

Great ideas, also! Thanks Kadesma! I'll be able to mess around with it now. :)

Back
Top Bottom