Dinner, Friday 11/24?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Yes, we have a lot of leftovers, but I think most are going to wait until tomorrow--I need a break from them! I will use a little of the turkey tonight, though, to make turkey tortilla soup. Something light and nice and spicy after yesterday! And of course leftover desserts. I don't need a break from those!:ROFLMAO:

Beef casserole, made with red wine sauce and onions, mushrooms and carrots, with boiled potatoes and long-stemmed broccoli. No pud.

Oh Ishbel that sounds lovely! I made stew yesterday and now I'm wishing I'd had broccoli too. Mmmmmmmm.

Something chicken tonight. Can't decide between coq au vin, parmesan, or lemony varieties.

Something easy, since I have to work today (I'm there now) . . . .

Not much leftover here since we went to MRs. Big Dog's folks yesterday. Brought some leftovers home so I have a couple lunches, but otherwise it's grocery shopping tonight.

Considering a pre-roasted chicken from the grocer, but thinking a stop at Subway will be more likely, and about the same in price.

We're having turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, dressing and desserts...
probably not all at once. We'll just nibble all day. I love dressing so much I can eat it cold out of the refrigerator.
By tomorrow, I'll be ready for a cheeseburger.

Though I'm not in the mood for turkey again, I will be slicing the leftover turkey up and simmering it in gravy and then make some potatoes with it.

Change of plans, dont feel like cooking tonight, so pizza night for us!

Last edited:
I prepared stuffed cabbage rolls with mushrooms, grilled spicy village sausage and beetroot salad for dinner

I'm refusing to cook tonight. We had a late lunch of chicken & dumplin's, ham, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pinto beans, cole slaw, & yeast rolls at my in-laws today & I'm stuffed!! Hubby had to work today so I brought him some food home for his supper tonight.

Lou and I spent the day decorating the outside of the house with christmas lights and wreaths. With the exception of the tree that is always lit and always with mardi gras colours, the rest of the front yard was done with blues and greens and a few white light snowflakes hanging in the cherry tree.

I'm with PABaker...I don't like to eat the leftovers the very next day, with the exception of a turkey or antipasto sandwich for lunch.

I made bolognese sauce to serve with ziti. I'm planning to make a salad with boston lettuce, roasted pancetta and apple dices, and shaved sharp provolone.

Right now, we're enjoying cocktails of Knob Creek bourbon. I imagine we'll have a chianti with dinner. I'm up for more pumpkin pie for dessert. Speaking of the pumpkin pie, I tried something different with it, this year. Into my regular method, I added the grated zest of a lemon and an orange. Instead of the bourbon I usually add, I added triple sec. The faint taste of citrus in the pie is truly magnificent. The flavours compliment each other perfectly.

we had breaded chicken tenders, brown rice, and corn.
the leftover turkey is for sammiches tomorrow.

i'm hungry again, tho, so i'm gonna head out for a buffalo or lamb burger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom