Cooking clothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman1

Senior Cook
Not to be risque' , but I just cook for me and my wife and I tend to cook and wash dishes dressed in as little as possible. I am a messy and washing dishes is messy and wet and it's just easier to clean up when I'm through. Anybody see it that way?

Ok......when I am alone and even with the family here in the house...I am shirtless. I have a few scars on my belly because of this. When I am doin BBQ in my smoker I am also shirtless but often wear a bandana.

I cook in whatever I have on. Back in "the day" when I wore heels every day I would also cook that way - never took them off until bedtime. But no matter what I'm wearing I always have my apron on with a dishtowel tucked into the string tied around my waiste. A habit I got into when professionally cooking and I just can't get out of it!

I do have a pair of chef's clogs that gives me another 2" added to my height - helps a BUNCH!!!!

i'm like kitchenelf. i just cook in what i'm wearing.
around the house i usually just have on jeans and a tee-shirt, but if i come in stumbling drunk and starving after a night out, i sometimes don't even bother to take my coat off.
life lesson: don't leave your very expensive wool coat on while your cooking under the influence. singed sleeves will follow, and you will find things like peanut skins and cheeze-whiz on it for the next few times you wear it.. :D

I normally wear a t-shirt & if I'm grilling I throw on some shorts. I did learn the hard way not to fry bacon in a bikini!!! Flying grease hurts! :oops:

Ok so I am a little crazy. My mom was a cerified food handler, she was a cafeteria manager in the public schools. She taught me the importance of clean dishes... clean everything and to wash everything in fire roasting hot water.
My wife, while she is a much better cook than my wife, grew up in the dishwasher generation. Trhow it in and when it comes out it's clean. Even if it's dirty. And what wont go in the dishwasher, like small electrics , tends to not be very clean. It get's wiped , but you know that layer of crude that builds up on stuff. And then maybe I got this way from cleaning the bathroom as well.. Oooo how my mom used to get on me about cleaning the bathroom.
I'd go in , in some shorts and a bucket and several bottles of cleaner and when I came out everything had better be spotless and shiny.
Any who, I do the day to day cooking and my wife cooks for holidays and guest. OR at least thats how it looks like it is going to pan out. I've only been married 3.5 years. We're still trying to figure out who is going to do what.
But dear wife has to use every dish,, every plate, every spoon, every , every thing in the kitchen when she cooks. And for the first 2 years we lived on a farm... no dishwasher. So I would literally be washing dishes for 2 or 3 days after guest had left or a holiday dinner.
Ya get real wet doin that so finally, I just came out of the shirt.

kitchenelf said:
I cook in whatever I have on. Back in "the day" when I wore heels every day I would also cook that way - never took them off until bedtime. But no matter what I'm wearing I always have my apron on with a dishtowel tucked into the string tied around my waiste. A habit I got into when professionally cooking and I just can't get out of it!

I do have a pair of chef's clogs that gives me another 2" added to my height - helps a BUNCH!!!!

Elf, heels? every day?!! FYI, my mom used to be able to just tie a dish towel around her waist as an apron. Yes, her waist is that small, and yes, we all get to hate her.

If I'm alone - as I am most of the time ... in the summer it's shorts, no shirt or shoes, and a towel over my shoulder. In the winter, sweatpants, or jeans, and a t-shirt or short-sleeved sweat shirt, and a towel over my shoulder. If I'm having company - then I go change at the last minute and put on jeans or slacks and a nice shirt. I do have a nice apron that came as a freebe with my KitchenAid mixer .. somewhere .. never even took it out of the package.

Must admit, for obvious reasons, I never did try cooking in a bikini or wearing heels. :LOL:

Golly, crewsk - my gut isn't THAT big! But, like they say - "never trust a skinny cook". :roll:

I just pity the poor guy that grills hot dogs in a nudist camp :LOL:

the best pj's are some man's old, raggedy, worn out, silky soft T-shirts, several sizes too large for you. Don't let the guys take them away to polish their stupid cars!

Back
Top Bottom